Carlton Brass (Nottingham) - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Baldeagle, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Carlton Brass (Nottingham) require a quality player to fill the position of Solo Euphonium. The Band has a full diary of concerts and contests including Brass & Trams and the 3rd Section Nationals. The Band is promoted to the 2nd Section in 2004.

2. Di B

Di B Member

Can I ask if Mandy is ok and/or where she has headed? Or am I just being too nosey? :lol:

If you need a hand let me know.... best of luck finding someone though :D

3. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Mandy and Simon are ok, they have decided to take time out of banding for the present.

4. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Fancy a trip to Scotland :guiness

5. Di B

Di B Member

Fancy a trip anywhere unless I have to register with you! 8) Still happy at Matlock at the moment - so if you are wondering about Dundee thanks but no thanks! 8)

If you can borrow for any contests though or need a hand on concerts let me know.... Tony and Lorraine can get in touch with me.

6. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Thanks Di for helping us out last night at Risley Hall you are a star. :bounce

7. Di B

Di B Member

No problems... always happy to assist bands in the area! :D

8. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Carlton Brass (Nottingham)

National Finals 2003 - Prize winner. Promoted to 2nd section from Jan 2004. To strengthen our successful team we require: - Solo Cornet, 2nd Horn, Euphonium, & Percussionist. ....Others players welcome including students

Contact: Contact Tony Wilson in confidence: Tony.Wilson@ds.co.uk Tel. 07973 897801. Or visit our website www.carltonbrass.org.uk for more information. We practice Monday and Friday evenings from 8.00PM

9. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Carlton Brass - A progressive newly promoted 2nd Section Band. *************** We have vacancies for two cornet players - A Front row and a back row player. Come and join this friendly and successful band.

Please contact Tony Wilson in confidence. Tel 07973 897801 or email Tony.Wilson@ds.co.uk

10. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Many thanks to everyone that contacted the band via the website.We are now ready to take on the Area.

11. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

1st Horn required for Carlton Brass (Nottingham)

Due to our 1st horn player taking some quality time out, we require a quality 1st horn player for our friendly band.We have plenty of work and we have a very good social life.

Contact Tony Wilson for details tony.wilson@ds.co.uk

12. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Students in Nottingham

Hi to all music students in Nottingham, Carlton Brass extend a warm welcome to you and invite you to attend our rehearsals, come along and enjoy life with us.
    Contact Tony Wilson our MD tony.wilson@ds.co.uk
    or visit our website
    www.carltonbrass.org.uk

13. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Nottingham Students

If you are a student at any of the Nottingham uni's you are more than welcome to come along to Carlton Brass. Visit our website for details.
    www.carltonbrass.org.uk

14. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Due to personal and family commitments we are in a position to offer the following insrumental vacancies to first class players -
    Euphonium
    BBb Bass
    We are a very socialy minded band with a full contest/concert season ahead of us.At present we are top of the Midlands Area 2nd Section.

Interested parties should contact the chairman Brendan Morris-
    brendanjmorris@btinternet.com

Or you can send a pm to myself

15. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

The Euphonium vacancy has been filled but we still need a BB bass

16. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Our Henry is Lonely!

If you are a percussion player come along and join him at Carlton Brass
    Contact Brendan Morris
    brendanjmorris@btinternet.com

17. henry_burnett

henry_burnett New Member

Carlton Brass (East Midlands) Require Percussionist

Hi there,

As you've probably guessed from the thread title, Carlton Brass require a percussionist!!! Having been playing with the band since I was 9 (;) ) I've finally decided to move on at the start of the summer hols and do something else, most likely playing piano in local bars/restaurants or something of the sort.... :rolleyes:

Anyway the band seems to have left it up to me to find my replacement, which I find slightly annoying as it really isn't my problem!!!! The band (based in Netherfield, Nottingham) is soon to officially become a 1st section band, and seeing as I am currently the only percussionist, and replacement would have to be a definite all-rounder as I am, as the MD (Walter Ritchie) always seems to find other parts written that I don't have enough hands to play.... (its all good fun really!!!) :D

If you are interested then please don't hesitate to email me at:

henryb_y_o_b@hotmail.com

This is becoming more and more urgent for me every day, as I have no intention of staying on after the start of the summer hols (mid July) and if I don't have a replacement by then, I'm certainly not going to be popular!!! :rolleyes: However I must stress that the band is such a great group of people who have made me feel so welcomed and accepted ever since I joined.

Many thanks!!!!!!
    Henry Burnett

18. henry

we are all sad to see you leave the band but I think you are wrong in your assumption that it is being left to you to find a replacement.The position/s of percussionist has recently been advertised in the band media and are still waiting for some feedback-so if anybody out there fancies a stab at shed building with us ,be it kit or tuned e-mail me at wink.watson@ntlworld.com

As henry said we are a friendly bunch and are all looking forward to the challenge of 1st section banding next year

thanks

19. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Trombone, Euph and Percussion players are needed for this forward moving band. Lifts are available from the Notts & S/Derbys areas. We have a great social programme and some great engagements this year.

Talk in confidence to the Band Chairman
    Brendan Morris

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  20. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

BBb Bass Carlton Brass

With our 2nd BBb Bass player joining HM Forces In December Carlton Brass has a vacancy for a BBb Bass. We are 1st section from January and have entered Butlins. Lifts can be arranged from most parts of Nottingham, we rehearse on Monday and Friday nights.
    Anyone who is intersted please PM me.

Edit: Threads merged (AGAIN)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007