Carlise and Lake Windermere

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Moy, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Moy

Moy Active Member

Taking my mother away for a few days and will be in Carlisle on Tuesday 18th October and then staying in a nice hotel on Lake Windermere Wed and Thurs.
    Any bands got rehearsals on that I could come and have a blow at? - on my own without me mam.;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Lake Windermere
    Carlise
    Carlisle
    Lake Windermere Wed
    Thurs
  3. Moy

Moy Active Member

Ok - so not brass band country. :(

Will just have to have a non music holiday then.

4. Alisop

Alisop Member

I work as head of a secondary school music dept in carlisle, you can pop in and visit me if you want! I play for Annan town band (just over the border in scotland) and we rehe**** on a monday and wednesday. Carlisle does have a band, but don't know when they rehe****, there are also bands fairly local to Carlisle in Cockermouth, Dearham, Penrith and Flimby.

5. HSB

HSB Member

Whilst I'm still very much 'Yorkshire' my Dad moved up into the Borders a few years ago and I had a similar idea on my trips up to see him. The only band I could find on the web was Burneside, a village not far from Windermere. I never got round to contacting them but there are contact details here:-

http://www.communigate.co.uk/lakes/burnesidebrassband/page11.phtml

Whilst in Carlisle, see if you can find time to visit my Dad's shop, it's called Classics and is opposite the Cathedral on Castle Street. They have lots of unique gifts in there and my Dad will probably take time out to have a lengthy chat to you about brass banding! My Dad and his partner Ginny run it . You can check out their website at:-

www.the-pressie-people.com

Hope you have a good trip!

(If you enjoy Classics spread the word for Christmas, you can order unique gifts online and I'm on commission!).

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Feel free to add the site to the tMP Links Directory... and if your Dad wants a banner advert here on tMP to help his christmas sales... please shout...:biggrin:

7. Moy

Moy Active Member

Many thanks for the reply.
    Tuesday night in Carlisle is just a stop-over. One night and then onto Lake Windermere.
    If we arrive early may pop in past - this is our October break in Aberdeenshire - I teach brass in Banchory/Aboyne and Westhill Academies.

8. Moy

Moy Active Member

Many thanks for the reply - as I said earlier I am only going to be in Carlisle on the Tuesday before heading to the hotel in Windermere but if I have the time will pop into the shop.
    Emailed the band as they say they rehe**** on a day I'll be about.
    Ta again.