Car registration search

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by picju96, Jun 19, 2007.

1. picju96

picju96 Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to look up an address of a car registration without asking the police to do it? We've had a car parked outside our house for about a month now and noone knows whos it is.

Julia

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    car registration
    car
    Car registration search
    police
  3. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

We get that outside work all the time and we just call the police and ask them to have a look at it. They usually send a PCSO who checks it out on the police nat computer and then either tell us it's taxed/insured/owned/registered or not and then they either leave it there or get it towed.
    It'll be good if when you call them you tell them if it's got an up to date tax disc in it - if not they may come and tow it, if it has, they'll probably just come look at it. Oh and if it's got any signs of damage/doors unlocked etc.
    good luck!

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

No you can't. However it wouldn't hurt to phone your local station and tell them about it. It may have been involved in crime or just abandoned. If it's not taxed the council would probably remove it.

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Just pop into your local DVLA office , am sure they will be able to help , at work we had a problem with persistant illigal parking and the DVLA helped us out ( am sure there were some small costs involved)
    try
    www.dvla.gov.uk

6. ulrichvanfrog

ulrichvanfrog New Member

We don't normally get that problem here as we have residential parking and anyone without a ticket for a few days gets towed away into a compound. It was a nightmare a few years ago as every business car would park in our street for free and catch a taxi into the main cities. We contacted the police lots of times in vain but unless the car is speeding it's not making a profit for them nowadays. Sad but true.

7. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

I had this problem, so phoned the council who contacted the police. Turned out it had been stolen in Scotland and left on our street, (W.Yorks). Police came and towed it away the next day.

8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Yes,^^^
    Look at your council web site there is usually a telephone number /email address to report suspected abandoned vehicles.
    I've reported vehicles outside my house a few times now (I know where they come from - there is a car repair business just around the corner and they sometime use the local streets to park cars while they wait for parts etc)
    The councill are usually very prompt and the car is usually gone within 24 hours. I suspect the owner gets a phone call and is asked why the car is parked there. They then complain to the garage asking why there car has been 'abandoned' on the street when they thought the garage was looking after it.

9. Di

Di Active Member

Go ooon, call your local policeman. They don't bite you know. ;)

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Hah! That's what you think...:mad:
    BMB
    xx

11. picju96

picju96 Member

Thanks for all the messages guys, I'll call the police or council tonight!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    car registration
    car
    Car registration search
    police
  13. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

It definately has to involve the police, otherwise we would all be looking up the name and address of everyone who cuts us up on roundabouts! All to do with privacy. Best to let the fuzz do their job, rather than trying to find out on some dodgy website;)