Capriccio Italien (Broadbent), Senior Cup

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Aveley and Newham Band, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Does anyone know if theres an Errata sheet(s) for this piece?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Capriccio Italien
    Broadbent
    Senior
    theres
    Errata sheet
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. ringa

ringa Member

I'd also like to know how to tremelo on some of the notes the 1st horn part states!
    Mr Broadbent. could you please advise?:confused:

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I wonder which band "roadtested" the arrangement?

6. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

I presume Mr Broadbent is asking the impossible.

Out of curiosity, which notes are you concerned about?

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I'll save the trouble ... G# (2nd line), A natural (2nd Space), B natural (3rd line). 2nd Bari is idle throughout so it could be moved to accompany 1st bari, who is also playing tremeloes (both that and 2nd cornet have occasional tremeloes on A natural, 2nd space whilst 3rd cornet has to negotiate F#, 1st space and B natural, 3rd line). Such fun, lol!

8. fartycat

fartycat Member

I particularly like the inaudible marimba concerto after the Allegro Moderato, written for a 5 octave instrument but we're now told that only a 4.3 octave will be available on the day!

9. Coverhead

Coverhead Member

They do sound fun! I generally use two methods for playing 'git tremolos':
    1) Using both hands. For a B, I'd alternate between 2nd-valve with my right middle finger and 1/3 with my left index and ring fingers... not very sightly but effective nonetheless;
    2) Using the tongue to tremolo. Almost like double tonguing but without actually re-articulating.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You shouldn't have to be put through the hoops though, if some thought and planning went into arranging this score ... I put this together in a few hours.
    Capriccio Italien. (Some enharmonics still need to be used to make it an easier read).

11. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

And your proposed fingering for tremolos on 'E'
    bottom line are ... ?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Capriccio Italien
    Broadbent
    Senior
    theres
    Errata sheet
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

If you look carefully, I don't use any tremeloes. ;)

14. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Right, so at letter 'J' you are expecting double-tongued semi's ... ? my error :oops: - always ****es me off that Scorch has no zoom facility!

15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Cheers, Gareth. I used old notation for sub-division there.

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

This thread's went really quiet. Maybe I've got it wrong and this is truly an excellent arrangement as 4BR described it ...

17. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I must admit Tom, its growing on me. It is a lovely piece of music by Tchaikovsky.

18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

No doubts about the music. What do you think about the arrangement?

19. ringa

ringa Member

With no actual tempos, I think interpretation is difficult and will depend on mood of adjudicator on the day. I've listened and watched several orchestral versions ranging between 9 and15 minutes in length due to vast differences in tempos!

20. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

After Harmony Music I'm enjoying the relative tranquility of the tuba part for Capriccio Italien :)

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Lol, John ... avoiding my question! I wonder how much is going to be rescored in the rehearsal room? ;)

22. HowarthBrass

HowarthBrass Member

But there are quite a few errors that need clarification. Because there's no errata sheet doesn't mean there's nothing to be altered.