Canadian Brass On Tour

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 13, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Canadian Brass, the world’s leading and most popular Brass ensemble have announced plans for five concerts and a series of master classes to be held throughout the UK in November.

The Quintet, formed in 1970 in Toronto have put brass music on the popular music map and achieved pioneer status throughout the world. They are widely credited with popularising brass repertoire through their unique style, which features virtuosic musicianship and masterful interpretations matched with lively audience dialogue and theatrical effects

The group shatter preconceptions about brass bands and will perform an eclectic mix of Classical and baroque music. They are especially drawn to the works of JS Bach and have produced more than 60 recordings to date whilst continuing to take daring leaps into jazz, contemporary and popular songs.

Their creative approach, and breathtaking skill has resulted in vast new audiences for the genre and make the group one of the most sought after groups in the music business. In the US More recently they have appeared on The Tonight Show, Today and have appeared as guest artist with John Williams and The Boston Pops.

Canadian Brass will entertain and enthral this November at

The Music Live Exhibition, Birmingham NEC on November 6
    Advance: £12 (Children £6.50).
    On the door: £14 (Children £8.50).
    Tel 0121 767 4557

St John’s, Smith Square London November 7
    £15, £13, £10 (students - £8)
    Tel 020 7222 1061

Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Glasgow November 8
    £12 (students - £8)
    Tel 0141 332 5057

Bridgewater Hall Manchester November 9
    £15, £13, £10 (students - £8)
    Tel 0161 907 9000
    with special guests: The YBS Band conducted by David King

Cardiff Cathedral November 10
    £12 & £10 (students - £8)
    Tel 029 2022 1199

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    plans
    style
    On Tour
    Brass
    ensemble
  3. MickM

MickM Member

Hi John!

YBS Band and David King are guests of Canadian Brass at the Bridgewater Hall on
    November 9th

Thanks

Mick

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Hi Mick,

I've edited the above to include details about YBS. Though you were mentioned in the seperate news item about the Manchester gig, here: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16999

Looks like being a cracking evening. I was at the concert YBS & Canadian Brass put on for my brother, Eilir, at Salford, 6 years ago this month, and it was a night I'll never forget, and neither will Eilir. Am gutted to have a conference on with work at the time of this concert this year.

All the best,

Dylan.

5. MickM

MickM Member

Thanks Dyl,

Sorry! I missed the other thread.

Looking forward to the concert, sorry you can't be there :(

Mick

6. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I don't understand this...I've seen CB four times over the past 25 years, and whatever they are, they are most definitely not a brass band. So how they shatter preconceptions about something they're not...er...

They are however, as the man says, one of the greatest brass acts on earth, which is why I bought my tickets three months ago (Smug feeling of satisfaction)...

JY