Can you stick up posters anywhere???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stabbyjnr, Jul 28, 2004.

1. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

In a town, without needeing liscence?

2. suppose it depends if you have a murnkey........without a lisernce......

3. dazzyboy

dazzyboy Member

I dunno really.....just don't put up where it says 'BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED'!..............I've always wanted to go round and write at the bottom of them 'FREE BILL POSTERS'.....poor guy.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Definitely a victim of persecution - what about all those war films where the soldiers receive the command:
    "Fire at Will!"

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

Not legally, no ;)

6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Depends on the local council and local byelaws really. Normally it is not allowed as it causes a nusiance, just look at all the political posters stuck on lamposts around election time. Also, if it is allowed it is usually with the condition that the poster is also responsible for removal of said advertising after the event.

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Posters can always be put in house windows, and many shops may be willing to display a poster, particularly if there is local interest. Libraries often have an area set aside for local events, but it is always as well to get the posters to them in plenty of time, as from my experience they like to plan their displays in advance, and are also likely to have their own guidelines as to how long posters can remain on display.

In Southend, there are a couple of places set aside for general posting, but they always tend to be dominated by pop events, with each new poster at least partially obscuring those already up and generally looking very messy.

8. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Best thing is to ask, as Peter says. Generally if you say it is for a local Brass Band concert people have no problem with it (it's not exactly the same as fly posting for Tall Paul's next session at Gatecrasher).