Can you name this piece?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Redhorn, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Evidently there is an arrangement out theere of Auld Lang Syne, which features the Last Post superimposed over the top of it....
    Any idea what its called???.... We thought we had it in band library, but cant find it, and wonder if it has a not-too-obvious name!

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- funnily enough ... Auld Lang Syne/Last Post if it's the one arranged by Stan Lippeatt.

It's on this CD here

3. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

You're sooooo gonna get the boffin award again!:p

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

There's a preview facility for all the tracks available to purchase in our download store; www.worldofbrasstunes. com.

The Stan Lippeat arrangement is available to preview on the Schneewalzer CD. Why not have a listen to see if that's the one you want?

5. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

There is also 'Nightfall in Camp' - not sure who arranged it but it is the hymn 'Lead Kindly Light' with Last Post over the top. Very effective with an 'off stage' style solo cornet.

6. andyp

andyp Active Member

If it's the same one we'll be playing on Sunday it's called "Sandon and Last Post", not sure of the arranger though.

7. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

D A Pope according to our library catalogue.

8. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Evening hymn and sunset has something simlar, with last post and the day thou gavest

9. mosel75

mosel75 New Member

Arranger is incorrect.

10. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

There is one that is arranged by Dennis Wick that we play in my wind band, very effective for the end of a concert, cannot remember for life of me what it is called or what the tune was...... Don't think it was auld land syne though, not been much help have I!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Auld Lang Syne
    Last Post
    theere of Auld Lang Syne
    arrangement
    band library