Can you buy BB music from shops these days?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Will the Sec, May 30, 2005.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

A friend of mine is coming to London from Houston for a few days, and wishes to pick up some new brass band music.

With so much brass band stuff being on line now, does anyone know of any shops in London with loads of brass band music on display?
  2. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

World of Brass at S.P & S, Tiverton Street, is the only company I can think of that has bb music 'on display' (although its been a while since I've been there, so may be wrong!)
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The last time I was in Booseys they had a fair amount, and I think Chappells may be the same - I'll check it out this week and post again. Whilst SP&S does have music on display, the range is usually very limited.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Not very helpful, I'm afraid: the Boosey & Hawkes shop has moved location (to 16 Wigmore Street) and holds no brass band stock. They do, however, still have a reasonable range of solo and ensemble items for brass (up to 12-piece), including some items in the basement sale.

Chappells also had no brass band stock, but a limited amount of solo and ensemble pieces.
  5. Will the Sec

Thanks, Peter.

Looks like it'll be an internet shopping spree and the items carried back on the plane.
  6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Or jump on the train to York, spend the morning in Banks', pop over to Leeds and take in Band Supplies in the afternoon and ride home on the train thankful that you've not had to spend the day in Landan. :)

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

David... be careful!!
  8. Will the Sec

You got any idea how much it costs to take a train day trip to and from Leeds?

And your London accent still sucks big time, David!
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

My thoughts exactly, Will! :)

TIMBONE Active Member

What about a plane?
  11. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I figured that if he was travelling from Texas to London for a few days then York/Leeds would be little more than 'one small step' - and you can get quite reasonable prices if you book well in advance. Avoid the buses though!

I was never very good at accents - I can't even do a decent Wigan accent and that's where I come from - but it's still very gratifying to see all you Sathanas hopping about!