Can someone recommend me a Euphonium Solo to invest in please?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by wittig, Feb 4, 2009.

1. wittig

wittig Member

I've not done any really serious practice for a few years now - since I left school in fact. I tend to very rarely take the euph out of the case between practices - occasionally to look at a run that didn't fall under the fingers or look at an interval that I didn't make.

Ideally I am looking for something with a band accompaniment, with a view to playing at a concert sometime. Please be as imaginative as possible.

2. We have a couple in our catalogue...

Hey Presto! (Euphonium Solo)
    By Gerry McColl

This new gem of a solo for Euphonium is a rousing piece from start to finish. Starting with heavy syncopation from the band before the soloist can show off with this catchy little tune that you will be whistling for days (if you can whistle that fast!) The middle section then breaks into a beautiful legato tune for the soloist up in the top register, whilst the rest of the band keep on ploughing away underneath. The original tune then returns after a modulation and finishing with the soloist showing off their chromatic runs in the last couple of bars. This is one of the best new entertaining solos around.

Full score & parts: £17.95

I Left My Heart In San Francisco
    By Cross & Reed

This much loved ballad have been arranged as a Euphonium solo by Neville Buxton. Released by Tony Bennet, it became a gold-selling Top Ten hit that stayed in the charts almost three years. With intricate band parts and an unforgettable solo line, this arrangement will bring back the memories of the 60’s to your concert audience.

Full score & parts: £17.95

For more details on these pieces and to see/hear these pieces, as well as the rest of our catalogue, please visit our web-site at where you can order online or e-mail to, or ring us on 0785 251 9763