Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Maestro, May 20, 2003.

1. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Can anyone out there help me please?

I am trying to find a copy of a CD that I heard a few years ago. It is called "Song of the Brother", and was recorded by the Childs brothers with (I think) the London Citadel band conducted by Bram Gregson.

If anybody knows where I can get a copy of this CD, could they please pm me with details.

Thanks in anticipation for all replies and possible help.........

I will now go and hold my breath.

Cheers :hammer :hammer :hammer
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Maestro!

One for our resident banding guru me thinks - tMP's very own Mr Roger Thorne... I'm sure he'll see this thread later and get you the information you need (no pressure Roger, no pressure!!!)

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As this recording was produced in 1993 you may find you can't get hold of one. Although it is listed in the London Citadel Band's discography, it is not listed with those recordings currently on sale:

I don't believe SP&S have any copies left although it may be worth contacting to check.

If I remember correctly, I got mine via Egon when they were selling a lot of overseas recordings. Whilst I am not in favour of taping cds, I would be willing to copy mine for you if you are unable to obtain a copy from elsewhere.
  4. Salli

Salli Member

As Roger is at work at the moment, I thought I'd have a look around for you instead!
    I've managed to find a couple of links which may be of use to you:

The recording is listed for sale as CD-435 on this page:
    Their homepage is:
    At present their catalogue is being updated and the online order facility isn't working. You will need to send an email to Order the CD.

OR you could try
    You'll need to speak Swedish for this one though :?

Hope this info is helpful

Good luck!

5. Or I could ask Bob for you next time I see him in college......hehe I could try to get you a signed copy! :p