Camra

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pythagoras, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Joined CAMRA on Friday at the Steel City Beer Festival. Was wondering if any other tmpers are members of this noble group.

(For anybody not in the know CAMRA is the Campaign for Real Ale.)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Campaign for Real Ale
    group
    anybody
    tmpers
    members
  3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

The bar at Fleetwood contest (yesterday) is camra approved! Very impressive for a band contest!!!

4. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Not a member but have been known to sample real ale as nad when it is available in certain hostelries and at the Great British Beer Festival @ Olympia. The only place where the queue for the gents is longer than the queue for the ladies [​IMG]

5. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Have been a member for about 4 years.Having been to a good few beer festivals around the country , many often feature a local brass band at some stage.Now that would be my ideal job - a gig at a beer festival!! The playing may suffer though!

6. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I joined a couple of years ago, but gave up as I need the membership fee to spend on beer.

7. davidsait

davidsait Member

Not a member myself, but anyone going to the Welsh Beer Festival in Cardiff this weekend?

8. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Been a member for half my life! Managed to persuade many other players to become members (through insistent beer Boccing), and am looking forward to my brass ensemble doing a week at the previously mentioned Fleetwood Marine Hall, when the Wyre Lounge will be put through it's paces!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Wasn't planning to, but seeing as I will be in Cardiff this weekend.................... ;)

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not a member anymore, since we just don't have the drinking-time available to make it wirthwhile, but we support the idea whole-heartedly and get to beer festivals when we can. Just spent a pleasant Sunday afternoon at the Nantwich Beer Festival the other week, actually.
    Oh and LittleBabyBadger's best friend's Daddy is CAMRA regional director for Cheshire....if you've been to Olympia in the last 10 years you will have undoubtedly seen Big Marc - 6'7" and 20 stone....
    BMB
    xx

11. Di

Di Active Member

What's ale? :rolleyes:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Campaign for Real Ale
    group
    anybody
    tmpers
    members