Camille Saint-Saens Introduction and Rondo Cappriccioso for trumpet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jockinafrock, Dec 25, 2011.

1. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

No 1 son's having a hoot :icon_lol: trying to play the violin version of this fantastic solo that Sergei Nakariakov does -
    how many notes above the stave do they go!!!!
    :icon_eek:

Anyone know if there is a trumpet arrangement published
    ?
    Merry Crispness to you all by the way! :icon_wink:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Camille Saint-Saens Introduction
    Rondo Cappriccioso
    Sergei Nakariakov
    FONT
    comic sans ms
  3. eflatbass

eflatbass Supporting Member

I have actually had the orchestral score for the original violin version sitting in my computer files for some considerable time. Perhaps early in the new year I may take a serious look at it with a view to arranging it for cornet/trumpet. No promises, because I do have a very heavy work load at present, but I'll certainly do my best.

Hope you are having a great Christmas!

Barry

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

6. jockinafrock

7. jockinafrock

Hi Barry
    Got it ordered from the sheetmusic website - Reckons if he starts practising it now he might have it playable in some form or other for his last NYBBGB seat audition in 2 years...! :lol:
    And a Merry Christmas to you too!
    Fiona

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It's a fantastic performance by Sergie on the CD. Have fun!

9. jockinafrock

I know the violin part's a lot higher, but when he got to bar 28 onwards the language wasn't very musical...! Maybe the trumpet part's easier.... ;) Sergei's rendition is out of this world, and this has got to be one of the hardest solos I've heard for trumpet, so we'll se'll see what kind of dent the lad can make in it - got to admire his grit! :wink:

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

On youtube, you can find the Hollywood trumpet player Malcolm McNab playing the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto at concert pitch. That will take your breath away. I think the solo has also been published for trumpet.

[youtube]3XPyWChpOks[/youtube]

11. jockinafrock

Made my day that did Brassneck! Had never heard his name before - what a player!!! :clap:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Camille Saint-Saens Introduction
    Rondo Cappriccioso
    Sergei Nakariakov
    FONT
    comic sans ms
  13. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

mmmmmmm. That is amazing playing.....especially 5mins-6......out of this world. love the cheeky lip trill at 5.59!!!

wouldnt make it in a good band though!!!! lol

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:clap: ... Would like to see him sitting in Battle Creek some day! Amazing album and he does play cornet in a number by Bruce Broughton. I see that he now has a new album out ... a late Xmas pressie for me perhaps?

http://www.malcolmmcnab.com/

album preview here ... http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/malcolmmcnab2

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've just downloaded the latest McNab album from Amazon UK for £6.99. Interesting that it also has the Saint-Saen's ditty on it!

16. eflatbass

Listening to these amazing trumpet players reminds me of my youth, when I could triple tongue before I had developed anything like a decent tone on my euphonium. My father, a very formidable cornet player, would practically scream at me to practice my 'long' notes, but alas I ignored his instructions. How I wished later on in my playing career that I had heeded his words of advice.

I think the point I am making is; extreme virtuosity may be the target of any young aspiring musician, but let's hope they do not ignore the all important groundwork that develops a beautiful sound.

Climbs off soapbox......

17. eflatbass

Fiona

It's finally done! The solo for cornet and band accompaniment now sits on my web site. I wasn't influenced by Nakariakov's arrangement - in fact I haven't seen his score.

Anyway; it's there if you want it.

Barry