Calling young brass players in the North

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Steve Robson, May 4, 2008.

1. Steve Robson

Steve Robson New Member

Hi friends, Steve Robson of Stanhope Band and Brass Band Aid here.

I am trying to inform all young brass musicians ( 18 and under ) of a FANTASTIC :D OPPORTUNITY to perform as part of the Northern Youth Brass Band at the SAGE Gateshead on 29th June 2008. Ray Farr is going to conduct a massed youth band in the fabulous Hall 1 of the SAGE. The band will be supported by the Scottish Champions, Whitburn Band, and will be playing music specially composed for Brass Band Aid's "Into Africa" project.

This is a rare chance for young people in our region to come together and perform in an amazing venue, with a top class conductor AND help raise funds for BRASS BAND AID. I hope bands in the region will embrace this idea and give the youngsters the encouragement they need to participate.

I hope TMP friends will help spread the word to young musicians to come along. There is also a rehearsal at Durham University on 22nd June. If anyone would like more information they can E mail me at

I have application forms and information sheets which can be sent via e mail. It is hoped to send music out to participants towards the end of May, so applications would best be sent to me by 18th MAY.

Please support this project and put 29th June in your diary and come along to the SAGE in support of our yong people.

THANKS, Steve :tup
  2. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Hope it all goes very well, Steve. I'll mention it to my young brass players. Is there a lower age/ability threshold?
  3. Steve Robson

Steve Robson New Member

Ability of players

Hi. Thanks for the reply. We don't have any hard and fast rules, but as a guide, we have said players should be around grade IV - V.
    They will be performing the concert on this occassion with just 2 rehearsals. The music is all fairly approachable, but they will have to be capable of picking things up quickly.
    I hope this helps.
    If you would like registration forms send me an E mail to and I can reply with an attachment.

Steve :p
  4. Chris-Bass

Chris-Bass New Member

hi steve ive sent the e-mail it sounds great hope im not too late to go tho
  5. Steve Robson

Steve Robson New Member

Date for applications

Hi Chris,
    Great to hear from you.
    I have E mailed your application.
    Please get it back as soon as you can.
    I would love to have as many applications by 20th May so I can send out music and CD's to everyone who is taking part.

Best wishes,

6. Steve Robson

Steve Robson New Member

Calling Masterblaster jnr

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for your message via private messsage. I couldn't reply via PM as your settings won't allow it.
    If you send me an e mail on Iwill answer your question.

Best wishes,
    Steve :p