Calling tMPers in Weather Beaten areas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Please would all tMPers in weather beaten parts of the world please post to let your fellow tMPers know that you are alright.

Will the Concerned.

2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Aye fine. Nae trains, nae buses and heaven forbid nae Sky telly - aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the biggest blow I've experienced in a long time.

3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

The band and it's members are fine but one of our cornet players has had no electric since the weekend and my greenhouse has been completely wrecked

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Lucky old you! ;)

Crawf the rather windswept but interesting.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  5. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Hehehe :-D

It is rather blustery at the mo in bonnie Scotland, it took me 2 hours to get from the band hall in Dunfermline to my house in Edinburgh last night. Normally 40 mins max. Train calcellations and speed restrictionson all lines.

I should have listened to the conductor (well there's a first for everything...;) ) and stayed at home!

6. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Its pretty windy here on the ol' west coast of Scotland too!! Wouldn't say as much rain as the rest of the country, (but enough tho) and some switchers of hailstone showers!! Not much defence against the atlantic weather here, even the wind turbines have been stopped with it being so windy!

Heard there has been some landslides up the road in various places again and some of the bridges are closed!

Unfortunatly still have to be out working in this wintery weather, feeding cows, putting out slurry etc!! :shock: :-?

7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Luckily I'm not at home, the Tyne Valley has been hard hit, although by watching the national news you wouldn't believe it. The BBC has selective geography syndrome. If it were a small village in Cornwall, Changing Rooms would be there already........

The Tyne has registered near record levels to the West of Newcastle with extensive flooding around the confluence of the North and South Tynes following 2 months worth of rainfall in less than 36 hours. The large town of Hexham 10 miles West of where I live is still without a fresh water supply after the underriver pipeline got washed away. Several shops in nearby Corbridge as well as suffering from the floods had their windows blown in by the wind.

Luckily the village where I live is in a steeper sided part of the valley so has escaped with little incovenience, although all bus and train services out of the village were cancelled, although the river level is as high as I've ever seen it the 21 years I've lived there.

Check out this picture of flooding in Corbridge

The attached pics show the river as it passes through Wylam where I live. The first shows the river at normal height, the 2nd, as it was last week. (The normal level pic courtesy of Newcastle Uni

Attached Files:

8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

erm i only see 1 picture

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

River Tyne last week

See above post ^

Attached Files:

10. groovy

groovy Active Member

I'm fine! Perth is a nightmare though, with the bridges closed. Every school in Perthshire seems to be closed except mine :-( even though the roof is blowing off and the basement flooded. :shock:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    areas
    weather
    parts
    world
    tMPers
  12. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yup. Fine and dandy. What a storm, though! Lost a few slates of the roof, nothing more, thank heavens!

Thank you for your concern, Will. In the meantime, you can visit my Sibelius.com scores page and see what you think of my arrangement of Suite Gothique for symphonic brass, if you like! :)

13. six pints

six pints Active Member

apparently last week the charvs were out in force urinating in the emergency water. how stupid can you get (mind theyre probably used to the taste drinking white lightning)