Calling southern counties tMP'ers

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Red Elvis, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Anyone out there heading off for the quartets and ensembles contest on Sunday ?
    Will be there with some of the boys from Becontree , come and say hello - hopefully there will be a bar in evidence!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP'ers
    Becontree
    quartets
    ensembles contest
    Sunday
  3. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I'm there. If it's the same place as last year, there's no bar in the college but a couple of pubs close by. I vaguely remember a nice line up of real ales...

4. lewis

lewis Member

Soory, not going to be there, but was wondering if you could help me? We are thinking of trying out a quartet comp soon but I'm a bit unsure of the rules. Does it have to be a specific line up or could you take a trombone quartet or, god forbid, a tuba quartet?

If you know I'd most grateful if you could let me know.

5. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

The SCABA contest allows for any quartets you can get music for! You'd need to check the rules of the contest you're going to, though.

6. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Get in !!! A TV for the rugby will be nice too! Hopefully our draws ( we are entering a few combinations) will allow for a decent amount of supping and watching game!!

7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Have you found another quartet comp to enter then lewis? We're looking too...
    You can use any line up you like (yep, even a tuba quartet!!) as long as its brass band instruments.

*BOC ALERT*
    Given that another tMPer (Nigel Hall - MMI)is one of the adjudicators on Sunday, I think we should probably limit our discussions about who's fielding what groups. Sorry chaps! ;)

8. lewis

lewis Member

No not down here anyway. We might go and have a weekend in Manchester in November, might be a giggle anyways. Bit gutted we missed this scaba one but I probably did get something in the post just looked over it I guess.

9. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I think a list of who's going to be there is ok, isn't it? As long as we don't go into too much detail, or say what we're going to play, I don't see any problem.

10. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm there with YWDB! :)

11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I think the LBBA (Leicester - I hope I spelled that right) is still do able for you. It is Sun 10 April.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP'ers
    Becontree
    quartets
    ensembles contest
    Sunday
  13. barry toan

barry toan New Member

Damn! We were going to use recorders, and then sing Bohemian Rhapsody!!!.... ;-)

14. NeilW

NeilW Member

Might have done if I'd known about it!

Where is it?

(Put in diary for next year, as its too late to find / rehearse anything for this...)

Neil.

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

Ringmer Community College (I think)
    East Sussex

16. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

[​IMG]
    By the way, are you Huw Wilson in disguise [​IMG]

17. barry toan

barry toan New Member

His surname should be Jarse, cos he was certainly speaking out of it! Must have been at a different concert to the one I was at! ;)
    Perhaps it was the 'sweaty one' in disguise!?...... :wink: