Calling peeps who like marching, drinking & £10 notes

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by imthemaddude, Jun 14, 2004.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Five Rivers Brass are looking for players especially cornets and basses and trombones to fill the mass line up for the famous Durham Day - July 10th 2004. We march around Thornley and then march to Durham county hall where we play a piece in front of some important dudes then march to a field, get drunk and attempt to march back. It's a fantastic day and there are lots of other bands there to drink with. Each player will get a £10 note to aid in the challenge of who can get the most drunk. Please pm me if your interested or post below and I'll get in touch wil you.

:guiness :guiness
  2. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Re: Calling peeps who like marching, drinking & £10 note

Damn it's too far to Durham!
  3. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I fancy doing it , I play Eb and Bb for Beaumaris Band...sounds like a good job...dont mind the travel
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Sorry Lynda, already commited myself to Gateshead Brass :shock: :)
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

sorry lynda, I'd have loved to come up to give you a hand but we have a concert in W.E.M parish church at 7.30 pm on the 10th July.

Maybe next time
  6. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

too far for me too :( :cry:
  7. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Gosh it's a long march from Thornley to the County Hotel- only joking!!! I'd love to help but I'll be doing it for the sheer LOVE of it !! Arf arf! I particularly enjoy the "attempting to march back" bit. :guiness :oops: :shock:
  8. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

well the basses are booked in the pub how about u cornets..?????
  9. bigcol

bigcol Member

You can put me down for both the conducting and the trombone playing dep you need. Penny has pursuaded me :lol:

Do I get 2 £10 notes then? ;)