Calling Norwegian bandsmen

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MoominDave, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I've spent some time recently adding all the Norwegian bands I could find on IBEW to I've done the best I could regarding locations (quite often simply the town of the band, as no rehearsal hall information that I could find is listed on many sites [but then my Norwegian is not great, even with the aid of Google translate...]), but if somebody more familiar with the scene wanted to cast their eye over the results and correct any obvious errors, that would be very helpful. I must say, I'd had no idea that the Norwegian scene was quite so long-established and bustling. Must get over there some time.

Sweden next!
  2. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

The lengths you'll go to dodge work, love...... ;)
  3. andybass

andybass Member

Hi Dave. Give us a shout and I,ll help with translation.busy till after Sundays contest though!
    Good luck, Andy warriner (from Norwegian outpost of morecambe)
  4. MoominDave

Thanks for the offer Andy! Truth be told though, I'm asking for people to have a quick squizz at the Norwegian points on the map to make sure they look right, not for help with translations, as I've done all the website peering already. Someone who knows the scene who can hover over each point in turn to confirm that I haven't put any band anywhere daft would be doing a useful job.
  5. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

You could add Alexander Brass Band from Stavanger
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Are they good at Ragtime?

7. MoominDave

They were close to the very first on the (alphabetical) list that I took from IBEW! I'd put them in the centre of Randaberg (where their marker was easily lost behind that for Randaberg Musikkorps), but have found a more exact address on their website now, on the East side of the foreland.
  8. mehans

mehans New Member

Alexander Brass Band share bandroom with Stavanger Brass Band...
  9. MoominDave

So are those the premises listed on the Alexander Brass website at Smaragdstien 3, 4070 Randaberg?
  10. MoominDave

Sweden, Denmark, Finland also as complete as I can make them now.

Wales and Scotland must be close too, if anyone wants to cast an eye...
  11. MoominDave

North of England, Republic of Ireland, Oxfordshire

Think these three areas are pretty much there now... Anyone with better local knowledge who can check would be doing a much appreciated job!