Calling bands in Cornwall

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stromans, Aug 10, 2005.

1. stromans

stromans New Member

I'm on holiday in Cornwall from the 19th - 31st August. I play flugel with a first section band in Yorkshire and need to keep my lip in while on holiday. Would anyone be willing to let me come along to a rehearsal on either flugel or cornet?

2. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Don't know which part of Cornwall you are staying but St Keverne band are very friendly and welcome people along for a blow. They are situated on the Lizard just south of Helston.

They practice Tuesday & Friday night and have their own bar (which is nice!). The guy you need to speak to is Alan Retallack on 01326 280884
  3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Best friends with st keverne now then are we?!! :p :)

Where abouts are you staying?
    Most of the conrish bands have there own web sites, there arent a huge number of cornish tmp'ers so probably best to have a look on IBEW
  4. bells of destiny

bells of destiny New Member

we (st stythians) have several rehearsals and concerts you can sit in on. Whereabouts are you staying? the band is a 10 min drive from Falmouth and a 30 min drive from St Ives

hope you enjoy your holiday. take a look at our site if you are interested
  5. stromans

stromans New Member

Where abouts are you staying? [/QUOTE]

Thursday 18th and Friday 19th we're in Helston, then moving down to Penzance for the rest of our stay
  6. bells of destiny

bells of destiny New Member

helston is a 10 min drive from stithians, and penzance is 30 mins. rehearsals are on monday + wednesday nights from 7:30 to 9:30, and the falmouth concert, which i think is a bavarian oom-pah beer festival theme, is on sunday 7:30. we have a spare cornet or you can bring your own cornet or flugel if you want

would be great to see you there, email us through for directions etc if you are still interested!