Calling All People From Richmond/darlington/catterick Areas!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by skweeky, Apr 26, 2007.

1. skweeky

skweeky Member

Hi everybody! I have just move to Catterick through work and the accomodation I am living in now is both boring and extremely basic. What I am getting at is... does anybody have a flat to rent? Or even a roommate wanted? It is not desperate but something i need to start looking at!

My max spend would only be 300 per month. The cheaper: the better.

Thanks in advance,

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Best of luck with your search, Perry - when I moved down to London, the band was accommodated in the old Wellington Barracks, before it was rebuilt: the place was literally falling down around us. The only good things were that they paid us a reasonable living-out allowance to buy our own meals, and the place was in such a state we didn't have to do any cleaning :eek:
  3. skweeky

skweeky Member

haha! That makes my accommodation sound fantastic! :(

I am more concerned of the fact that I am the only one in the band to live-in and I am the first to live-in in 7 years! It is far too boring for me. I have to travel across the garrison to the infantry training camp and fight my way through squaddies to get to the learning center and pray for a free internet terminal! And I am severely limited to the sites I can view. I have no washing machine either. haha. Things are not looking too good for me! At the moment I would willingly share a room with a smelly, obese herione addict than live where I do now. I am pulling my hair out!

On the plus side: I have a 4-man room, all to myself.

Anyway - enough of me moaning. I expect to be flooded with posts, P.M's, text messages saying "you can live in my shed for 10 pounds a week"
  4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Try - or some such variation! they're not bad when you have a surf around!
  5. SteveT

SteveT Member

Does this mean you are playing for the Heavy Cavalry and Tankie Band?

My first posting was in Catterick in 1875, when we were RAC training regiment. I was in the 5th Inniskilling Dragoon Guards Band. We had a great time, but Catterick is a lonesome place!

get into Darlo maybe, that might be better. Or, the lovely Richmond.

Kings head used to have the ugliest barmaid in the world bye the way!

Good luck and enjoy your carreer.

6. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

If you buy the local paper you should find some listings in there for accommodation. Also try the Northern Echo.
  7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Join the army, my son, and you'll live to a ripe old age! :biggrin:
  8. skweeky

skweeky Member

haha. He is definitely pushing on a bit!! I am with the HC&C band, yes.

Can't wait to find a pad of my own though, or as I said, rent a room frome someone lol. Come on, guys! There must me SOME landlords kicking about???