Calling All North West Brass Bands

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Anthony (Scooby) Longden, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Would you like to hear your band played on a community radio station?

Well now you have the chance!

During December, I shall be presenting a 1 hour brass band show on Canalside Community Radio based in B0llington, Nr Macclesfield, Cheshire. I am looking for a few North West Bands to be featured on each show.

What would you have to do? This is very simple. Get in contact me via here, then send me a CD of your band and some history about your band.

I will then select approprate tracks and speak about your band during the show.

Of course you will be able to listen to the show via radio, if u are in the area, or via the internet and i would let you know when you will be featured so you can tune in.

At the moment, we will only be broadcasting for 4 weeks, but are currently appling for our full time licence. When we obtain the licence, this radio programme will be continuing and i will then be on the look out for bands to be featured again, but this time with a representative coming down to the studios for a live interview.

Please get in touch if you are interested in being part of this radio programme.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    contact
    brass band show
    band
    radio
    show
  3. timbloke

timbloke Member

how-do scoob.

why are you limiting it to North-west bands? Would you welcome applications from other bands around the country?

fuzzy tim

4. Hey Fuzzy,

Reason that i am limiting it to North West Bands is FM broadcast area, altho we will be streaming on the internet to.

But i dont see why i cannot include any bands from "over th'ills"!!

So if u are wanting to be included just get in touch.

Scooby

5. Last Chance To Hear Your Band On Radio!

If you are interested in this, read below:

Would you like to hear your band played on a community radio station?

Well now you have the chance!

During December, I shall be presenting a 1 hour brass band show on Canalside Community Radio based in Bo11ington, Nr Macclesfield, Cheshire. I am looking for a few North West Bands to be featured on each show.

What would you have to do? This is very simple. Get in contact me via here, then send me a CD of your band and some history about your band.

I will then select approprate tracks and speak about your band during the show.

Of course you will be able to listen to the show via radio, if u are in the area, or via the internet and i would let you know when you will be featured so you can tune in.

At the moment, we will only be broadcasting for 4 weeks, but are currently appling for our full time licence. When we obtain the licence, this radio programme will be continuing and i will then be on the look out for bands to be featured again, but this time with a representative coming down to the studios for a live interview.

Please get in touch if you are interested in being part of this radio programme.

Regards,

Anthony Longden
    Principle Percussionist Silk Brass

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2005
  6. MartinT

MartinT Member

My geography of Cheshire is a bit vague, but... isn't the rude word filter a bit over-enthusiastic??

7. If any moderators read this thread, please note that i am not swearing but trying to mention the name of a town. The missing letters are "b" "o" "l" "l" in that order!!

Please can you allow it to show the name of the town!