Calling all ex Sun Life Stanshawe Band Members

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Ali Woodman, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Ali Woodman

Ali Woodman New Member

The trustees of the Stanshawe Band are delighted to announce that we are organising a reunion concert on Saturday 5th June 2010, to be held at St Georges, Brandon Hill, Bristol.

The aim of the concert is to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the bands historic 1990 British Open win, plus give ex-members and supporters the chance to relive some of the fantastic memories we all have from being involved in this great band.

Our close friend, Dr Roy Newsome has been appointed as Musical Director for the event, and we will also be performing a special commission being written for us by one of our ex-solo horn players, and now local composer Philip Harper.

At this stage, we are inviting all ex-members, who performed for at least 12 months as a registered player, to join together and perform a concert featuring music closely associated with the band during its history.

For more information, visit or e-mail
  2. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Sounds like a fantastic idea - if you want it recording for posterity, give me a shoutm
  3. Ali Woodman

Ali Woodman New Member

We are looking at getting it recorded, not for commercial sale but as you say ' for posterity'. PM me your fees etc.

4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Being what it is I'll do it gratis.....Roy's an old family friend....amongst having some great memories of the band....

I'll follow up by PM though ;)

AEHOWGATE Member

Good luck to all concerned!