Calling all car buffs - What kind of car is this?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

Here's a photo of a car. I need to know the make and model. Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    car buffs
    kind
    car
    anyone
    photo
  3. Euphjam

Euphjam Member

It's a Mercedes circa 1960's I think but the model escapes me:).

someone will be along soon with the rest I'm sure.:biggrin:

4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Mercedes Benz but I would place it earlier at a 1950's model. By the sixties mercedes had started doing their blocky design style. The one that it most closely resembles is a siz cylinder "Ponton" W180 model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W180

5. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Certainly a Mercedes and I'm fairly certain it's the very rare "Hedgerow" model. Sorry, maybe this should be under the (very) bad jokes thread!

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Attached Files:

7. backrowboy

backrowboy Member

My young son is really into classic cars and he reckons its a Mercedes Ponton.

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

He's dead right. If you do a Google image search from the UK site you'll find that very image in the first page. I'd link to the website, but one of the members there has a very inappropriate avatar :eek:

So, having answered the question, what's the reason behind the question in the first place?

9. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I have done a painting of the photograph and I plan to enter it into an art competition. The competition requires a title so I thought it would be best to use the car name in some capacity. 'Brum brum in bushes' came to mind but I can see the serious art critic not taking that one too well. Plus there's a $4000 first prize so I want to get it right!

Thank you for all your responses. You've all been a big help! :tup :D