Calling all Brass Teachers in West Yorkshire!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by samandy, May 5, 2004.

1. samandy

samandy Member

Elland Silver Youth Band are holding an "Open Rehearsal" on Saturday 15th May from 10.00 am - 11.30am for any young brass players interested in joining a Brass Band.

The aim of the rehearsal is to give young players an opportunity to play in a brass band for the first time. It is open to all our Training band members and we would also like to encourage any brass teachers in the area to encourage young players to come along and join us. Parents and teachers also welcome.

If you would like further details, please contact me direct on 07940 525837 or email me. Our website provides up to date information about the youth band and its activities.

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Elland Silver
    Brass Teachers in West Yorkshire
    players
    youth band
    rehearsal
  3. jpbray

jpbray Member

Never mind the youngsters grab the parents as well. I started playing at 44, because of the classic tale of hanging around the bandroom to long whilst being Dad's taxi for my son. I got roped in and really enjoy it. :p :p

4. samandy

samandy Member

Thanks for the reply. We do actually have quite a few parents which are members of our training band and beginners section. Its great to see them performing along side each other. We have a couple where the parents have continued long after the children have given up!