Calling all brass band arrangers: 'Wherever you are' by Mulitary Wives Choir

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by toppy the tenor, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hey all

Having been totally sucked in by the BBC series 'The Choir' and overwhelmed by the final episode and the performance of 'Wherever you are' my first thought was that this would make a cracking band arrangement! So, not sure if anyone wants to join me in my quest but there must be someone out there to pull this already beautfully crafted piece of music into shape for brass band.

So, 'wherever you are' band arrangers, the challenge has been set! Just think of all the Remembrance concerts bands will want this for next year!

cheers

Toppy the Tenor

2. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

Just finishing an arrangement of this waiting to see if we can get the licence, watch this space.

3. Bungle

Bungle Member

It would be nice if some of the proceeds could go to Help for Heroes or British Legion

4. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

I have already suggested that if we can obtain the licence I would donate half of any arranging royalties to the fund! As I am an ex-military musician I would be proud to 'do my bit' for the lads who are doing 'their bit' under the most extreme circumstances.

5. Good for you:clap::clap::clap:

I always knew this would be your intention and I wish you every success with the fundraising.

6. andyp

andyp Active Member

Paul Mealor (who wrote this) said on Twitter earlier on today that a wind band version is on the way - so I asked him if there was any chance of a version for brass band (before I'd seen the replies to this).
    he's @PaulMealor if you want to send him a tweet.

7. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

Hi Andy, thanks for that I have just been on Facebook and left a message reference the arrangement as I have only just joined Twitter and not too sure how to leave a message, I know sad isn't it!

8. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Can you put me on the list for a copy when you get clearance Baton Twirler?

We saw the Choir in Barnstaple back in April/May in the market... brilliant!

alanl58

9. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

If the licence is granted the piece will be available through one of the main publishing houses, for obvious reasons can't say too much at the moment! I played it through at a band last night for proofing and it works very well. Again, watch this space.

10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Looks like a number of arrangements are already out there now, Audley Band playing on Chris Evans show this morning. Copyright comment anyone?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    The Choir
    Mulitary Wives Choir Hey
    BBC
    brass band arrangers
    Choir