Bying individual parts

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jim, Apr 25, 2004.

1. jim

jim Member

I whant to buy some individual parts for some forth coming test pieces especialy Dances & Ariars (spelt wrong) wears the quckest and cheepest place to get them from?
  2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

You'll be lucky mate....most publishers don't supply individual parts for anything....if you've lost them then it's your own tough luck! :?
    Hang on...did I hear the word "photocopy" it must have been a mistake :D :wink:

Anyway Dances and Arias is published by Novello so you could try then direct

BTW great piece!! And good luck with it :wink:
  3. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

I've managed to buy individual parts for solos from publishers, don't see why they can't supply you with individual parts for pieces/test pieces
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Well, if a publisher don't want you to photocopy their music, surely its in their best interests to sell you the individual parts? But if they do refuse, you could ask their permission to copy them, after all copyright is "not to be reproduced without the permission of the publisher" isn't it? Go on given 'em a call, it can't hurt to ask for one or t'other.
  5. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

it would be really useful if they sold individual parts. Its suprising how many pieces u get out of the library and a couple parts are missing.
  6. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Have you contacted the publishers (Studio for Dances & Arias)? I know Novello do odd parts - but at a cost - a bari part for Pag. cost over a fiver! :shock:
  7. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Most publishers will send out extra parts at cost.

Dragon Music policy is to provide free spare parts - you only pay for p&p - provided it's only one or two!

8. davidsait

davidsait Member

Studio Music have certainly sold me individual parts in the past when I've asked - Tel: 020-8459-6194.