Bye Bye to Bollington Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tpcornet12, Nov 12, 2006.

1. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

It is with a heavy heart, I have to say goodbye to Bollington Band. Tonight will be my last concert with them :( ! I move 300 miles South on 27th November. I have only been with the band for 4 years and quite infrequently for the last 12 months but I have absolutely loved being a member of the band.

A few key moments have been winning my 1st contest with the band at 2003 NW Area 2nd section and getting 2nd prize at Dundee Finals. Then followed a not too successful period in the 1st section before we were demoted back to 2nd section enabling us to qualify again in 2006 and getting 2nd prize at Harrogate. Best concert was Bollington Festival, where we played to a sell out crowd of about 600, made a live CD and the Master of Ceremonies was the legendary David Dickenson!!!

It has been a pleasure to have been under the directorship of Peter Christian, who I have known for a very long time and is someone I have a great deal of respect for.

Thanks to all the players that made me feel very welcome and have been very understanding when my work took me away during the last 12 months.

I still plan to go out on Christmas Day morning with a small group from the band, which I have done each year I have been there. But officially I leave tonight.

Thanks again Bolly :tup