buying brass band music in london

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by 010102, Nov 30, 2007.

1. 010102

010102 Member

Hi All

Does anyone know of anywhere in london where I can pick up and buy some brass band music?

I know studio music has moved to luton and I'm guessing that was the only place you can get it.

Any help appreciated.
  2. floppymute

floppymute Member

There are so many good suppliers these days where you can buy online or by mail order or even simply over the phone. I don't think your geographical location needs to be a problem.
  3. 010102

010102 Member

It's a problem when you need to get the music today !!! :eek:
  4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Ah yes, that would be difficult.

Which publisher is it you want? It could be that you could phone up the publisher, pay by credit card and get them to fax the parts to you. Not all publishers will do this, but some might.

If in the future you need music with slightly more notice, then I draw your attention to my siggy! ;)
  5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

SP&S at 1 Tiverton Street, London, SE1 6NT is the only one I know of.
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

Chappells of Bond Street, however now located on Wardour Street, Soho say they stock some brass band music?! :)
  7. Active Member

What music do you want? We close at 4.30pm on a weekday but are open on Saturday mornings.
  8. 010102

010102 Member

Thanks all....I work in near Elephant and Castle so I might come over before you's christmas numbers we're looking for ....I'm assuming I can choose and pay for the music when I arrive??
  9. Active Member

Yes indeed.