Buying a Horn - advice

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by groovy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. groovy

groovy Active Member

Hi everyone

My parents are looking to buy my younger sister a tenor horn (she's 12). They are not looking for a learner instrument because its to be a long term investment and hopefully to last her a good few years. She is still quite inexperienced so they're not looking for anything top of the range for her either.
    So all you horn players - what can you recommend??
    Ta everyone.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hi
    tenor horn
    Horn - advice Hi
    horn players
    parents
  3. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

There are several suppliers who do assisted purchase for those studying GCSE music. Band Supplies, Denis Todd, etc. And they have several different models.
    The horn players in my school bands play mainly Jupiter horns and seem to like them.:D

4. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

would reccomend taking a look on the normans website as they have some horns at very reasonable prices at the moment. Just type normans into google and it should take you straight to it. :biggrin:

5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

In a youth band i played with most of the horns were playing sovereign's.

6. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I would take a sovereign over a Jupiter specialy as an investment, There are proberbly heaps of 2nd hand ones around that are very good

7. have a look at helios uk

8. AEHOWGATE

AEHOWGATE Member

Rosetti instruments seem to be well built and sound good. They seem to be yamaha copies. I get them for our junior band.