Buxton Entertainment Contest 2007

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Keith Stanley James Lever, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Has anyone any idea if the Buxton Entertainment Contest is being held this year, if so when will it be held, and will it be in the Pavillion Gardens. there were rumours going around that last years contest might have been the last one, has anyone any information on the subject. It's a pity if it has folded as it was always a good day out, in a lovely place in Derbyshire and a good pint at a reasonable price in The Old Clubhouse adjacent to the Opera House.
  2. Debra Smith

Debra Smith New Member

I think this contest took place on 6th May. There was a link on here and I would love to do one of those clever thingies where it sends you direct to said link but I haven't worked out how to do that yet!
  3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

i went last year to listen and it was very good
  4. markyboy

markyboy Member

I thaught the Entertainment Contest took place some time in the Autumn ?
    Perhaps the earlier posts were talking about the Own Choice Contest that takes place in May .
  5. Debra Smith

Debra Smith New Member

Yes, sorry that was the contest I was thinking about.
  6. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

The Contest did take place in September and was due to be 16th Sept this year however, it is SADLY NO MORE...... due to increased costs for the hall a drop in attendance of both bands and supporters. This was not helped last year by a low entry that then dropped futher on the day with 2 bands withdrawing so entry was down to 6 :mad: . The sponser ( North West Co-Op) has decided to put its funding into other areas some of which is still banding:tup .
  7. westburykid

westburykid Member

Yes it was a good contest in a nice venue.
    Pity it always seem to fall around the Finals or Wychavon weekend.