Buxton 1st May 2011

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Soil Lover, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

So now the closing date has passed who's going? My own trawl has come up with (but probably wrong on many counts!) the following

4th Section

Whaley Bridge
    Parr
    Ireland Colliery
    Plessey Colliery
    Goldbourne
    Fairfield (Buxton)
    Besses Boys

3rd Section
    Uppermill
    Hawk Green
    Hazel Grove

2nd Section
    Greenhalls

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    U
    Whaley BridgeParrIreland Colliery
    3rd Section
    Plessey CollieryGoldbourneFairfield
    Buxton
  3. Uppermill would be 2nd section rather than 3rd ??

4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Are Burbage going this year Marcus?

5. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

I did say I could be wrong :oops:

Hi Stella - I dont think they are - busy schedule with their 150 year celibrations - but again I could be wrong

6. bugsy

bugsy Member

Pleasley colliery are going in the 4th.

7. NAS

NAS Member

I was chatting with Greenalls MD last night and I'm sure he said they were playing in the 3rd section too :)

8. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Yep we are in 3rd section. Think the sections are based on national gradings rather than NW counties gradings? if this is still the case then Uppermill would also be in 2nd Section.

Anybody know who is adjudicating aswell?

9. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

Yes Karl ,you are right - national gradings for High Peaks area. Parr will be there in the 4th.

10. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

:oops: Did say I had probably got some of it wrong !! :oops:

But I do beleive the adjudicators are Kevin Wadsworth and Steve Pritchard - Jones, but don't know who is doing which section, normally split it bottom two top two.

11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Make sure you don't play too loud then Karl ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    U
    Whaley BridgeParrIreland Colliery
    3rd Section
    Plessey CollieryGoldbourneFairfield
    Buxton
  13. whitewitch

whitewitch Member

i can confirm, Uppermill are playing in the second section at Buxton

14. IJK

IJK Member

We have recieved an email today infoming us due to low numbers and withdrawals the contest has now been cancelled

15. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Really, thats a real shame. I guest with all the bank holidays and where easter has fallen this year, it isn't really supprising.:(

16. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Hope that does not spell the end of this contest,such a very good contest it is:clap:

17. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Thats a real shame, i was looking forward to this contest, always a good one. I blame the Royal Wedding!!

18. Soil Lover

Soil Lover Member

Said I was good at getting things wrong!! ;)

I got the call from our Secretary this afternoon saying it has been cancelled. I am lead to believe that there was only 19 bands entered in total and from that 19 there had been withdrawals. Therefore the contest would have run at a large loss.

I am also lead to believe though that of that 19 there was not one 1st or Top section band!!

I just hope that the organising committee are able to sort it all out for next year, its my bands local contest and I hope it continues to run in the future

19. Spaniels Ears

Spaniels Ears Member

Anyone know of any other contests that could be entered in replacement of Buxton??

20. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Otley contest was on 8th May last year.

It's a bit of a southern trek but I also know that scaba Crawley and Weston-super-Mare are well run contests (mid-may last year), with Ripon a couple of weeks later.

21. euphalogy

euphalogy Member

OR in tune, or together, or at the marked tempo!!

22. annerly

annerly New Member

Shame about Buxton, one of a few test piece contests and we were really looking forward to it, would have been our first time there. Still got Ripon, followed by Ireland colliery to look forward to though.