Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by David Pegram, Oct 30, 2005.

1. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Who is going to the Butlins Contest in the 3rd section?
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

1St Section Butlins

Who is going to Butlins 1St Section?
    We are Gresley Old Hall
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Threads merged! And Ian - moved yours from the 'Random Chat....' forum to its proper place here in the Adjudicators Corner.
  4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

The newly named (well not that new) Northumbrian Water Ellington Band will be there, I think i'm playing, apparently the testpiece isn't bad.
  5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Murton will be there making our debut in 2nd section
  6. rutty

rutty Active Member

Carlton Brass will be there all weekend defending our title in the Second section. The chalet's already booked and I'm saving up the beer vouchers as we speak.

Hope there's a tMP event there that weekend - come on John, get one organised ;)
  7. Brian

Brian Member

Bestwood will be there in the 4th section
  8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Yiewsley and West Drayton will be there in the 2nd section, can't wait, bringing the parents along this time to Babysit! :biggrin: :clap:
  9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Can you not look after yourself Steve? :biggrin:
  10. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

BT will be there in the Championship Section.
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

No he can't!!
  12. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Thanks for confirmation Ben :wink:
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

No worries!!
  14. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

NO Christmas cards for you Mr Tubb... :biggrin:
  15. HBB

HBB Active Member

LOL... you're scrapped from my list now too!

(Wahey... I can get away with writing 2 christmas cards now! :) )
  16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

We'll be there in the 2nd section, *comment about last years result self deleted*

@Rutty: Hey have you played Promethus yet? I don't know it at all, but our MD was very lukewarm about it when I told him that was the piece. By "lukewarm" I actually mean Siberian...:redface:
  17. rutty

rutty Active Member

Yes, we've had it out. It's very old-fashioned in a similar way to Lorenzo I suppose. Lots of drama without it really going anyway. Not that bad to be honest but hardly awe-inspiring stuff (again, like Lorenzo)

See you there :)
  18. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

A bit like last years piece then...;)

Looking forward to it already although I must get round to booking some chalets....:rolleyes:
  19. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Since we are not going, I will be there supporting my sister playing for Bestwood Welfare Black Diamonds in the 4th section (and the bar!) :tup
  20. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

We're going in 4th section (Dronfield). I like the piece (Cavendish Suite) seems a decent test for the section, ie a bit harder than pieces like Prelude, Song and Dance but still eminantly playable for any reasonable 4th section band.

£54 for the weekend! A lot more expensive than Pontins!