Butlins - Whats on!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by glidng_slide, Dec 14, 2010.

1. glidng_slide

glidng_slide Member

Can anyone let me know what entertainment is on, or alternatively a breakdown of what is usually on from last times experiences.

Cheers

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Butlins - Whats
    Cheers
    times experiences
    entertainment
    breakdown
  3. astreet83

astreet83 Member

Fosters, Carling the normal bottled drinks.

Oh and the worlds greasiest fryed breakfast ever ;)

4. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Generally on Friday night the previous year's winners ( Champ section ) do a concert , and there are also bands in on Saturday and Sunday nights ( Fairey's and Foden's last year if memory serves ). Saurday night also normally sees a performance from the Grimestein oompah band. After these generally the "house" bands play - there's been Abba tributes etc in past , and also jazz type efforts as well.

The good ladies of Boobs and Brass generally put on a turn or two as well , when their members and supporters aren't collecting funds for their very good cause.

And if you can find us , the Becontree Choral Society ( of which I am an honorary member ) can usually be found in one of the watering holes contributing a sensitive rendition of various hymns and romantic ballads.

(I note astreets comments re beer - distinct improvement last year was the availabilty in the main skyline bar of some bottled Bateman's ale , although this didn't last long !!).

5. astreet83

astreet83 Member

I didn't see any of that Bateman's Red Elvis..... must get there first in 2011 :biggrin:

Agree though, unless you are brass band mad you will like the entertainment. Personally, I don't do much listening I prefer the playing oh and the odd bottle of Red elvis Bateman's!!!

6. John_D

John_D Member

The availability of beer in 4 pint jugs is good.

7. bigsound

bigsound Member

what are the dates of Butlins 2011?

8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Not sure who else is playing over the weekend, but Central Ohio Brass Band will be performing on Saturday night.

9. agentorange

agentorange Member

Brighouse are on i think.

10. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Contest is Set piece all sections on Saturday 22nd Jan, and C Section Entertainments on Sunday 23rd Jan

11. Laserbeam bass

As it will be the 8th anniversary of Maurice Gibbs death, give or take 10 days, we have a special medley of Bee Gees song. This is being arranged by Will The Sec, (He doesn't know this yet ;) ) who cannot make this years celebration.

We will also be taking requests and allowing guest singers to join us. So if you want to take part, auditions will be held in the sun and moon at 4 pm, and the gig will take place at about 9pm in the skyline, just after the results.

I aslo have it good authority that Red Elvis will be rescoring last year's smash hit "Tuba ludius combibo Batemans" with a new twist. It will actually have a tune.

The end of the gig will be based on whether we get bored, told to shut up, or get thrown out.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Butlins - Whats
    Cheers
    times experiences
    entertainment
    breakdown
  13. Laserbeam bass

Good luck getting there before him, as there are only 12 bottles in stock. He'll have them sorted by about 3.30pm Friday arvo.

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Do I have to try out to sing?
    (I do have some pictures from new years a while back I'm sure some might not want to get around :p)

15. Laserbeam bass

No, you just have to try and get your wallet out of your pants, and buy the goodfolk of the Choral society a beverage of Burton.

Alternatively, when you hear us, (you will before you see us), you can stealth into the ensemble.

16. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I think we can probably waive the audition on this occasion !! :)