Butlins Entertainment

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by BandFanatic, Nov 29, 2014.

1. BandFanatic

BandFanatic Member

Does anyone know what entertainment is on at Butlins? I presume last years winners will be on the Friday, any news on Saturday and Sunday?
  2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

The Kings Division Brass Band are there I beleive, not sure what night though.
  3. BandFanatic

BandFanatic Member

I've not come across the Kings Division, are they a military band with woodwind etc or traditional brass band? Either way I am sure they will be excellent. Last year I saw Grimethorpe and they were wonderful, I particularly enjoyed the Procession to the Minster. It really made the hairs on my neck stand on end.
  4. BandFanatic

BandFanatic Member

I say last year but really it was this year, 2014
  5. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Kings division are Brass, they did Whit Friday (quite well) this year.
  6. Ianroberts

They are the "Flagship" Brass Band of the Army. Excellent Band and im looking forward to hearing them.
  7. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

I believe that we (King's Band) are playing on the Saturday night. Not wanting to give too much away, but it looks like it's gonna be a stonker of a programme.

I'm really looking forward to it.
  8. flugel-lady

flugel-lady New Member

Boobs & Brass will be playing Sunday night :)
  9. LittleEuph

LittleEuph Member

I believe the Jager Maestros oom pah band are playing on Saturday evening.
  10. BandFanatic

BandFanatic Member

Thanks for the info folks, looks like it is lining up to be another great weekend
  11. Phil3822

Phil3822 Member

I am coming along as a spectator this year as we live local however I am wondering is there any stalls there? Like Brass retailers, any deals etc. To be fair, it is more my wife who is interested in persuading me to buy her a new Eb tuba :( Bit of a long shot but thought I would ask.
  12. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

There's loads in the centre of the main tent complex.
  13. ratpit

ratpit Member

New York Brass Band are playing on Sat at 11pm
    2014 we've played Glastonbury, Danny McBusted's wedding, Jamie Oliver's wife's birthday and Cork Jazz

Looking forward to seeing friends from Pemberton and Kippax etc
  14. Phil3822

Phil3822 Member

Many thanks, that's very good to hear. Need to replace a few bits so some stalls with some nice offers would be great for January. Look forward to seeing the many superb bands and enjoy a bit of whatever Butlins has to offer. Thanks for your response.
  15. owain_s

owain_s Member

I hope you like Burger King.
  16. Ianroberts

The women have to work somewhere, surely even you would understand that, or do you still have loyalties to your mcdonalds career ?
  17. BandFanatic

BandFanatic Member

Burger King for me, I do like a Whopper.
  18. Ianroberts

Brace yerself Mrs!
  19. Phil3822

Phil3822 Member

Well Burger King would be somewhat cheaper than whatever my Mrs may find. As a much more accomplished musician my wife seems to think this means she gets to go shopping for musical stuff. (Her Boosey and Co Imperial Eb Tuba is past its sell by date but been putting off getting another for the last few years.)
  20. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

Ususally find Trevada Music, Normans, Geneva,Stirling amongst the major instrument retailers are there with enough kit to fit out MANY bands