Butlins 2018

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Mesmerist, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Who is going then?

2. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

What an absolutely cracking photo, so engaging and gives me more of a feel for who you are; but for us younger chaps maybe you should add ‘remember Exodus 20:17’ to it. Who’s going to Butlins? (Butlins Mineworkers Open National Brass Band Festival | Butlins) Well, I better not say anything else or I’ll likely bring a whole load of trouble down on my head. :)

Thinking about Jesters, etc., and Butlins, I don’t suppose that anyone has heard anything of Mr Roberts - now with new ‘handle’ and in voluntary excile? Whilst I think he overstepped the line (too) occasionally this place is in some ways reduced without him.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Mesmerist likes this.
  3. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

East Coast Brass are making their annual pilgrimage to Skeggy to spend too much on the trade stands, drink too much in the bar and take part in the contest.....section 3

From wider East Anglia -
    I'm pretty sure Yarmouth and Woodbridge are going in Section 4, Cawston in 1, Haverhill (Ch) and Ipswich (1). Not sure about Soham and Waterbeach (2)

Finally - based on the fact they played the Butlins testpiece at Leicester, Im fairly sure Dinnington (Yorks) and Amington (Mids) are going in S3 as well. I also know Crystal Palace (S3 LSC) are going

Mesmerist likes this.
  4. GER

GER Member

From South Yorkshire Maltby Miners Welfare and Thurcroft Welfare, both S4

Mesmerist and Euphonium Lite like this.
  5. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

Chalford from the South West are going! Yes it maybe Skegness... Yes it may be January... But sure we will drink enough to forget that!!

Can't be friendly contesting and making new friends!!

6. 4th Cornet

4th Cornet Active Member

Prioritised in that order I trust ;) (or maybe swap the first 2?) x

Mesmerist likes this.
  7. Mesmerist

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just for you 2tenor. Lest we forget!

Euphonium Lite and 2nd tenor like this.
  8. Mesmerist

We're playing the Vaughan Williams which is lush but I do love Renaissance. I wish we could enter more than one section.

Euphonium Lite likes this.
  9. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I'll be there. I'll try not to fall flat on my face this time. I'm taking a torch with me so I don't miss the kerb! /facepalm!

10. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

You've seen our previous Skeggy results then?? ;)

Its a brilliant weekend, win or lose - I spent my first year there (this will be our 5th) wondering why we hadn't gone to it before....

mikelyons likes this.
  11. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Now, I'm not religious, but this one I do know... "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's ass". Lock up your donkeys, Skegness...

12. 4th Cornet

4th Cornet Active Member

Oh I know, I'm a comparative veteran :)

13. Mesmerist

I wish there was a laugh a lot emoji! Were you completely sober Mike or pushed?

14. mikelyons

I must admit I wasn't entirely sober, but the 9% wine they serve is hardly strong enough to get me tipsy! It was very dark on the way back to the chalet and I just didn't see the kerb.:oops:

15. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

It’s concerning how easily these things happen, and particularly so if you don’t have perfect eye sight. Earlier this month I witnessed someone do similar, but in broad daylight. The sun was low and shining into their eyes and their sight was otherwise poor too, the kerb was dropped in one place but rising where they tripped. They measure (edit. ‘measure’ should have read ‘measured’) their length and were quite shacken up by the experience, and they made a mess of the hand they put forward to break their fall. A few of us carefully lifted the injured party up and found a seat for them to recover on, luckily the injured person had a friend with them.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    mikelyons likes this.
  16. 4th Cornet

4th Cornet Active Member

upload_2017-11-23_14-8-15.png

17. mikelyons

In the kingdom of the blind, 'tis true I would not be the one-eyed man! :-D

18. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Dronfield Genquip Band there in 3rd section

19. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I'll be there for the first time in a while with Sandhurst.

20. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Is it right that I'm getting ads on tMP for hot Latin beauties?!

stevetrom likes this.