But I love both so which should I do??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, May 16, 2004.

Am I letting the band down by going to the match

1. Yes definately

2. No, one rehearsal shouldn't matter

0 vote(s)
  3. It's up to your heart to decide!!

0 vote(s)
  4. Go to the match, your conductor said you can

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I have a dilemma, and it's not an easy one to decide upon (well for me anyway!)

My beloved Huddersfield Town play the second leg of their Playoff semi final on Wednesday night (Emley Band rehearsal night!) and I'm desperate to go (and as it happens already have the blessing of Ploughboy to go to the match) but we have a job on next weekend.

Am I letting the band down by going to such a vital footie match??
    Objective views please!!

(We're 2-1 up from the first leg by the way!)
  2. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Its not life or death to miss the rehersal. Apparently im playing and i havnt been to a rehersal at all so you shouldnt feel that bad. At least your going on monday (unless your not or there isnt one).
  3. 2nd man down

yeah I'm there on monday...wild horses and all that...
  4. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Ill just be keeping my cheap floozy happy with some watered down beer and riding on swans.
    Also You shoudnlt have to choose. Blame Huddersfield town for finishing the last three games with two draws and a loss, thats y you have the dilema in the first place.
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

well if it was me id miss this match, save up my money and have a good day out at the final.
    but thats just me
  6. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

That's if they get to the final.....
  7. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Of Course theyll get to the final there only playing Lincoln
  8. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I will most certainly miss band on Tuesday to be at Upton Park.
  9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm going to the final with 2MD when (yes WHEN) they get there.

I've told 2MD everyone misses the odd rehearsal we accept that from eveyone else at Emley so why shouldn't he miss a rehearsal to go watch the football for a night.

I know he'll be able to play every note on sunday, it's not a worry for me, My only small concern is that every time he goes to see the town play they lose :shock:
  10. Di

Di Active Member

OK, we'll let you go, just this once, but DON'T let it happen again. :twisted: :wink:
  11. 2nd man down

Hmmm...how about if Deb (Spawn of Hitler) came with me on Weds?

Playoffs...it's just one dilemma after another isn't it!!
  12. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

You want debs to go. Not after the last time i heard her complaining bout sittin in the panasonic stand at the mcalpine. Im sure she wouldnt mind a trip to cardiff though. When is the playoff finals for Division Three 2MD??
  13. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

I think you should go to the match, if only to prove that your jinx has been lifted and I am sure Emley will mange for one night without you. If you do loose (an outside chance) then your jinx is proven and Daisygemma's family will be eternally grateful !!
  14. 2nd man down

Div 3 playoff final is always the saturday of the bank holiday weekend i think. Here's hoping it'll matter to me by then!!!

Go on the Terriers!!!
  15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

couldnt narrow it down to a specific date could you cause weve just had a bank holiday
  16. 2nd man down

Sat 29th May, Monday 31st being the bank holiday. Why, you want to come too???
  17. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Yea id come if they went. Get a cut price shirt and act like ive supported huddersfield all me life just for a day out.
  18. 2nd man down

Now this is turning into an Emley Band social that i can really get my teeth in to!! Fabulous.
    That's me, Deb, Garry and you so far!! Any other takers??

Cornet King, you up for it??
  19. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Don't underestimate them... saw them against Scunthorpe at this time last season and although their brand of long-ball is dull, its effective. And they run soooo much. One very fit side.

As for priorities? I have been known to take portable tvs to band to watch in my bars rest!! Cries of anguish and the odd expletive were heard when the toon played marseille the other week and a mate was texting me updates!
  20. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

It always used to be that way, but apparently the 1st Division final is on the Saturday this year. 2nd div on Sunday and 3rd div on Monday.

Who knows why ? :roll: