Busking in Manchester

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by matty1986, Jul 23, 2009.

  1. matty1986

    matty1986 Member

    Hey all, just wondering if anyone knew the rules about busking in Manchester City Centre?

    I'm wondering do you need any special type of license like a street trader, or can you just set up? I am a student if that makes any difference.

    Cheers all,
  2. Columbo

    Columbo Member

    I'm not sure if you need some insurance now to go ahead. I know you do in the Trafford Centre. I'd check that out also though. You'll get a higher class of listener there!!
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  3. Aidan

    Aidan Active Member

    if you busk on private property, ie owned by a department store etc.. then you just need the permission of the store and if anyone complains the store cops for it, if you are on the street you need to go through the council, although I'm tempted to say it's not worth it outside of the Christmas period. Better off getting a good milk round.
  4. awalker

    awalker Member

    Ask your local authority licensing department. They'll be able to tell you what you can and can't do, and whether you need to apply for a license. Typically, you would need to apply for a street collectors license.

Share This Page