Burry Port Town Band Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tinytimp, Mar 23, 2007.

1. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Burry Port Town Band, Wales Championship section, require first class cornet and bass players.

Any variety of the above instrument would be welcome, we can accommodate players into any positions they would prefer (within reason of course!).

We have a busy and exciting schedule ahead of us including a masterclass and concert with renowned percussionist Dave Danford, getting our teeth into A Night to Sing for the Grand Shield, the ever popular summer concert, National Eisteddfod and Pontins, to name but a few.

Burry Port is a very friendly and welcoming band - well we wuold say that wouldn't we?! Seriously though we are always happy to welcome new players and are very sociable! Take a look at www.burryporttownband.co.uk for an idea! Lifts are available from most parts of Carmarthenshire as well as from Cardiff and anywhere along the M4.

If you are interested please PM me or email slewis@burryporttownband.co.uk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  2. topeuph

topeuph Member

Cornets Needed, South Wales

Hello, my band Burry Port is on the look out for Championship section quality tutti cornet players to join us in our quest for Pontins, Areas and Grand Shield glory.
    If you are interested then send me a PM.
    or e-mail me at topeuph@yahoo.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

3. Flugette

Flugette New Member

Burry Port Town Band
    Welsh League Champions, Championship Section 2009 have a vacancy for a first class cornet player.

The band has a full and exciting contesting, concert and social schedule including:
    Welsh Open Entertainment contest Porthcawl - 20/02/10
    Welsh Regionals - 21/03/10
    The Red Lady of Paviland - 01/04/10
    Grand Shield - 15/05/10

For further information on the band and other engagements visit www.burryporttownband.co.uk

Rehearsals are Tuesdays (7:45pm - 9:45pm) and Sundays (5:00pm - 7:00pm). Enquiries can be made, in strictest confidence to Band manager Emyr Rees at erees@burryporttownband.co.uk, PM me, Tara Smith or conversely email me at friskyflugette@hotmail.com
  4. Cornet Vacancies South Wales

First class cornet players are invited to join the Burry Port Town Band. The section is happy to move around to accommodate the right players.

Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings 7:45 to 9:45pm & Sunday evenings 5:00pm to 7:00pm at the Bandroom on Morlan Terrace, Burry Port, SA16 0ND.

The band has a full and varied concert, contest and social calendar, including the 2010 Grand Shield.

PM the band via this address or contact Band Manager Emyr Rees via the band website www.burryporttownband.co.uk

Diolch yn fawr