Burgess Hill, Mid Sussex, Pincipal Cornet, Cornets, Bass....

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Ray Woods, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Ray Woods

Ray Woods Member

I am the current Principal Cornet of Mid Sussex Brass Band (MSBB) based in Burgess Hill. I walked into the rehearsal hall some 4 years ago and took up 3rd cornet in this welcoming, friendly, but quite ropey 3rd Section band. Since that time a fabulous Musical Director, in the name Mr Andy Wooler, has transformed the band into a contest winning outfit which improves week by week. I shuffled up to Repiano in the last 4 years (although never objected to playing 3rd cornet - where I think most cornet playing challenges reside and where contests are won), and recently took over the Principal spot when our superb Principal left to join Chichester. No bad feeling though (he still helps us out at gigs and even with the Youth Band). So now I have the hot seat, but admit that I do not cut the mustard (mainly due to my poor stamina problems**).

We do a full range of typical brass band concerts throughout the year (fetes, concerts, Proms), and are planning to enter both 3rd and 2nd Section entries in contests should the opportunity arise.

So if you do nothing else on a Thursday night between 8 to 10pm, and you live within the Mid Sussex area (I guess somewhere between Crawley to Brighton), and you are a talented cornet player with ambition to help a 3rd Section Band grow in strength, and the Cadenza in Triumphant Rhapsody is 'just your thing', why not send me an Email:
    rayandsue.woods@btinternet.com

MSBB welcome other players too, especially back and front row cornets and Bass players (yes a couple more front row players means I can slip back onto 3rd cornet).

So don't miss out on this opportunity to join the fastest improving band in the South East (probably).

Hope to hear from you soon.

** Any tips on improving my cornet playing stamina are warmly welcome too. I sound great for 20 minutes, but then it all goes to pieces. What do you chaps/chappesses do to improve your stamina (cornet playing..OK)?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Andy Wooler
    Cornets
    Cornet of Mid Sussex Brass Band
    Bass
    Mid Sussex
  3. bladder

bladder Member

Pack your bags - you're going on a guilt trip! :wink:

4. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

. . not another trip to Scmallenburg??

5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Yes, another trip is on the cards for 2004! just in time for bladders long awaited return :lol: