Burbage Silver Band - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by mell c, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mell c

mell c Member

For current vacancies please see latest post at the bottom of this thread

Come along to burbage Silver Band.
    We welcome all new members old or new. Whether your a little bit rusty or a complete beginner.
    We reherse on wednesday nights from 8pm till 9.30pm. (your more than welcome to join us for a drink after) and on sunday mornings from 11am till 12.30.( sunday rehersal is for the training band but all members are welcome.
    We reherse at Hinckley working mens club which is situated at Stockwell Head, Hinckley, Leicestershire.
    Please contact Mellissa at mellissachappell@yahoo.co.uk or at flirtythirty76@msn.com for more details or just turn up.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Silver Band
    reherse
    training band
    current vacancies
  3. Euphy Tony

Euphy Tony New Member

ermmmmmmm hehehe cool looks good mel loved orange juice tonight hun see you soon

Hank

4. mell c

mell c Member

Every body has a bad night my mind on other things lol

5. Euphy Tony

Euphy Tony New Member

cool i thought it was good dont put your self down !!!!!!!

Hank

6. mell c

mell c Member

well thanks then i will take the compliment but we both know i can do alot better lol mell x

7. mell c

mell c Member

oh and good luck for sun x

8. mell c

mell c Member

Come and join us (Burbage Silver Band)

Hi we are still looking for any new members to join our band. (Burbage Silver Band)

We currently have vacancies for front and back row Cornets, Sop, 2nd Euph, 2nd Baritone, Bass Trom, 2nd Eb Bass and Bb basses. We do have instruments available.

If you would like to join a relaxed and friendly band with the ambition to contest again in the future, please contact mellissa chappell at mellissachappell@yahoo.co.uk or flirtythirty76@msn.com

We practice at Hinckley Working Mens Club (upstairs) on Wed nights 8pm till 9.30pm and on Sun mornings 11am till 12.30.

Hope to see you soon !

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  9. mell c

mell c Member

Hi we are still looking for any new members to join our band. (Burbage Silver Band)

We currently have vacancies for front and back row Cornets, Sop, 2nd Euph, 2nd Baritone, Bass Trom, 2nd Eb Bass and Bb basses. We do have instruments available.

If you would like to join a relaxed and friendly band with the ambition to contest again in the future, please contact mellissa chappell at mellissachappell@yahoo.co.uk or flirtythirty76@msn.com

We practice at Hinckley Working Mens Club (upstairs) on Wed nights 8pm till 9.30pm and on Sun mornings 11am till 12.30.

Hope to see you soon !

10. I don't live anywhere near but it got my attention asking if i wanted a blow...!

11. mell c

mell c Member

That was the idea lol x

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Silver Band
    reherse
    training band
    current vacancies
  13. mell c

mell c Member

We currently have vacancies for front and back row Cornets, Sop, 2nd Euph, , 1st Trom, 2nd Eb Bass and Bb basses. We do have instruments available.

Hope to see you soon !

www.burbagesilverband.com

14. on_castors

on_castors Member

Hi Melissa.... sorry can't offer my services, (have done once in the past when I was on Cornet!) as I am otherwise engaged on Wednesday nights if free, as I generally lend a hand to Exhall, and Sundays are mostly waist-deep already, what with personal & other band committments - I play with Two main bands. But.... if you are short-handed, always give me a shout and I will see if I can lend a hand. (E flat Bass for preference, and a hand up those horrendous stairs with it is essential as I am disabled!)

I thought I would mention problems with your website - some of the links are dead (the menus are not linking correctly with the actual pages that seem to be present; and pictures are not working at all for me, and to even display that much I need to completely turn off my ad-blocking so it's not going to be very snazzy for casual browsers, so you might care to mention it to your webmaster. I find lots of Bravenet hosted sites are like this I am afraid - for a freebie web host, I have found Tripod (Lycos) sites, especially the US hosted ones, although they still carry loads of ads in exchange for them letting you use it, but if the web site is carefully constructed, everything appears correctly, and even ad-blocking does not prevent them displaying correctly as seems to happen with Bravenet.

15. mell c

mell c Member

Hi thanks for the imput, i will let our webmaster know and see what he can do. Thanks for offering your services to help us out when and if you can it is much appreciated. Thanks again Mellissa

16. mell c

mell c Member

We need an MD

Burbage Silver Band are currently a non-contesting band in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
    We rehearse on wednesday evenings and sunday mornings at Hinckley Working Mens Club, upstairs.
    We are currently re-building the band and are looking for an MD.
    We would like someone to come and help us to progress and eventually contest, but above all else have fun and play good music !

If your interested please contact Mellissa Chappell at mellissachappell@yahoo.co.uk for more details.

17. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

I wonder how many of the near on 1000 views you've had of this are by blokes with a title like that.

We are so very predictable aren't we he he

Sorry to say that we've now edited the thread title in accordance with our Recruitment guidelines (dyl)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2007
  18. mell c

mell c Member

That's the way we like it, at least it gets people looking he he

19. quarryman

quarryman New Member

Hi Mellissa

I might pop down tomorrow night, could do with the practice !!

20. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

Hello :) Are you still looking for a sop? I'm massively out of practice but I live in Rugby and have my own sop. Been thinking about getting back into banding recently :)

21. mell c

mell c Member

YES we are still looking for a sop and you would be more than welcome. Come along or pm me for more details. cheers mell x

22. neilc

neilc New Member

Thanks for the blow last night. I enjoyed it, although it was quite scarey to pick up an instrument after all this time. I am reliably infomed it was about 22 years ago since I have picked up an instrument. I will try and get along either sunday or next wednesday if thats ok. I might even get the chance to look up some of the fingering that my fingers cant seam to remember how to do any more.

Neil