Burbage Silver Band (Hinckley) require Cornet,EEb Bass and Percussionist!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Simes, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Simes

Simes Supporting Member

Burbage Silver band is the country's friendliest fourth section brass band (we think!).

We always welcome new players to come along and join our band, or even just come along for a blow! We rehearse on Wednesday evenings at 7:45 until 9:30 and Sunday mornings from 11 until 1. Our rehearsals are held at the Hinckley Working Mens club, Stockwell Head, Hinckley in Leicestershire.

We are currently looking for a front row cornet player, an EEb bass player and a percussionist in particular, but of course all are welcome to come along - maybe if you don't feel you fit in one of these seats it would allow other band members to move around to cover the missing parts!

We have some contests coming up which we are preparing for, and a full season of concerts and other events over the Christmas period.

We can usually supply you with an instrument if you don't already have one - and we have a very successful training band too - so even if you feel you're a bit rusty and haven't played for a long time (or at all) then contact us and come along!

You can contact us by PMing me on here, or all our contact details are on our website at www.burbagesilverband.co.uk

If you live near us, come along and meet us - you might even enjoy it! We all do and we love having new players come along to join us!

Hope to see as many of you as possible soon! As a bride, I'll even buy you a pint (or something else if you don't drink pints!) in the bar after rehearsal!

2. Simes

Simes Supporting Member

Sorry about the typo! It's early and I'm offering the bribe of a pint, not a bride!