Bullseye - You can't beat a bit of Bully

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Watched this earlier on and its so bad its good!
    Jim Bowen how he got that job...and with the spotlight put on it by Peter Kay, wouldn't be surprised if we see a box set of digitally remastered episodes of Bully!

2. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Hehehe :-D

I love Bullseye - its been on Challenge TV recently! Whats hilarious is some of the prizes - betamax thingies (thats well before my time ;) ) camcorders that look like spaceships and the star piizes of course! Caravans - and random boats and inflatable dingies and things!

Pure class :-D
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I enjoyed watching Bullseye when I was a kid.... thought it was great... Big darts fan I am :-D

TIMBONE Active Member

8 times out of 10 was a speedboat!!! or maybe a caravan!!! :-D

TIMBONE Active Member

And here is what you COULD have won

Following on from the thread about "Bullseye", any ideas? (other than a speedboat or caravan)

Edit: I think one thread on 'Bullseye' is enough! Merged! (dyl)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2005
  6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

It was a speed boat today, but how bads this one of the prizes was a barometer...who the hell wants a barometer
  7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

a "tea'smade"
  8. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

or a teasmaid lol :-D

There were some really random prizes, even on the prize board thingy!
  9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Cuba - run your communist state while smoking fine cigar

Now you've seen the prize are you gonna gamble ;)
  10. six pints

six pints Active Member

ooohh me me me!!!!

(is it one of those weathery things? what about a speedboat with barometre on? that would be cool. why isnt chicago hope on tonight?)
  11. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Hell I want Cuba... I could send you there Andy to build stuff like... itd be like that series of Auf Wiedersein Pet when they work in Cuba man!!
  12. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I want to know if there are former contestants who still use their Bully tankards and "tungsten tipped" Darts!
  13. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

IIIIIIIiiiiiiinnnnn one.
    No more Rola Cola with this... A Soda-stream!
  14. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Hehe Rola Cola!- fantastic quote there!!

Used to love watching Bullseye! At my nanas! hehe Me and some friends were talking about Bully the other day actually, bully bonus and all that! great! Didn't like darts that much, thought Bully was v cool tho! :D
  15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I was 13 before we got a TV in our house, so being a deprived child, I thought Bullseye was the height of sophisticated entertainment...
    Occasionally the prize was a really crap car like a Marina, or a Maxi. Presumably to pull the crap caravan. Ahh, the memories. Thankfully therapy has been able to erase most of them.
  16. rutty

rutty Active Member

I always wondered how two mates shared out the major prize if they won? If they won BFH (Bus Fair Home) how much did they get? If they lived in the Outer Hebrides that could be rather expensive.

Bullseye was quite generous with their prizes compared to Blankety Blank - one show had a fantastic prize (for 50 blanks) of a MUG RACK. It was suitable destroyed by Kenny Everet if I remember correctly ;)

1970s/80s quiz shows were the best :)
  17. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Celebrity Squares! 3-2-1 with Dusty Bin! The Price is Right! Wooo-hooo!
  18. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Great things about Bullseye..."Ooooh look at what you could have won" cue the sad end credit music....
    and how come every winner of a speedboat came from the most remote part of the UK with no lake???? " here you go Jim and Keith from wolverhampton , good luck with the speedboat " ho ho ho ho
    And how cool would it have been to have a bendy bully..
  19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

No, THE naffest prizes wire definately on Sale of the Century!!! I've seen one where the top prize was actually a coffee percolator...the sort of thing you can but for less than £10!!!

20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

My mate and I once applied to go on Bullseye, but we weren't accepted.

That's it, just thought you'd like to know.

I'll get mi coat.