Bugle Contest

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Naomi McFadyen, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Just wanted to wish all the bands taking part in Bugle Contest on the 21st all the best.
    I'm hoping to be across watching and supporting the bands I know... Good luck and let's hope for good weather!!
  2. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Yes Good Luck........

I shall be there Cheerin on all da bands n drinkin........

Sunny weather=nice day and a decent tan!!!!

Good Luck again
  3. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Better take your own beers with you as there is no beer tent at this contest!

If the weather stays like it is at the moment it will be an absolute swelterer.

For those who dont know, there is a march down at 10:00 am from near the Bugle Inn down to Molinnis Park where the contest commences at approximately 11:00 am with Section E, (Fourth Section to non cornish people).

After the results, all the bands march back up Fore Street and the band that wins the set test piece in Class A march off last gets to do a mini concert in the square at the top of Fore Street.

4. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

I wish you all luck too - but I shall be reading Harry Potter all day and have then got to drag myself away to play in a concert at Wem.
  5. mikemjc

mikemjc New Member

Thanx for that Naomi
    would be there with Lypstone but Jo's getting mariried so am having to do the daddy bit. have a geat day and the sun WILL shine :bounce :guiness
  6. Naomi McFadyen

hey mike! :)
    no probs... send my best wishes to Jo for me won't you!
    I'll email you soon with my latest news... hope to see you soon! Love to visit!
    Take it easy x
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Congrats to the winning bands yesterday...
    Was a very good day and a very good turn out too.
    Great to see a lot of faces I knew... and also to meet IckleSop and Lannerman as well.

Now I'm just recovering from sun burn!
  8. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Any results?

9. Naomi McFadyen

Class A (Championship Section)
    1st Camborne Town
    2nd Jag Mount Charles
    3rd Bodmin Town
    (Yeovil Town withdrew)

Test Piece
    same result as above

Class B (1st Section)
    1st St Keverne
    2nd St Dennis
    3rd Treherbert and District

Test Piece
    1st St Keverne
    2nd Helston Town
    3rd Lanner and District
    4th St Dennis

Class C (2nd Section)
    1st Lympstone
    2nd St Stythians
    3rd Bugle Silver

Test Piece
    Result as above

Class D (3rd Section)
    1st Hayle Town
    2nd Pendennis

Class E (4th Section)
    1st Hatherleigh
    (Indian Queens withdrew)

Youth Section
    1st St Dennis

JEZ@LADSB Member

Bugle was an excellent day. Well done to everyone who played. Can I say a big thanks to Icklesop for joining us (Lanner and District Silver Band) on the march back. It was great to meet you. If you are ever down this way again don't hesitate to get in touch and join us again. I hope you had a great day and holiday. Jeremy.
  11. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Have to say I thought this years Bugle was the best ever. I guested with Pendennis and thought all the bands were superb. It's good to see the higher section bands are coming back again, and if they can get the same numbers in the lower sections next year (and the weather) it should be a classic!
  12. Naomi McFadyen

here here! :)
  13. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Hey all,
    Just back off my holiday, It was great meeting Everyone from Lanner Band, Can i just say Thankyou so much for letting me march up with you, you desevred you placing and your all great people!!

Was a great day and ive gotta say sorry to Naruco for being the cause of her sunburn!!!! sorry darl!!!! Great meeting you all!!!!

14. HBB

HBB Active Member

Put it was raining Cats and DOgs in london!
  15. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

The sun always shines on the righteous!