Bugle Contest (merged to include results)

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by baritone impresario, Jun 12, 2005.

1. bugle contest

anybody know of any good camp sites near bugle ?

2. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

3. Does anyone know what time the contest starts?

4. gargoyle

gargoyle Member

Bugle Contest

Never been to Bugle Contest before!

Can anyone tell me if its any good?

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Contest starts at 10 I believe....

www.buglebandcontest.co.uk is the official website I think.....

Bugle is a fantastic contest!!
    I'm traveling down south tomorrow and will be attending once again :) hope to see some of you there! I'll have my conductor bird t-shirt on (and prolly be hanging around with the Soundhouse crew at some stage too :p ), so look out for me ;-)

6. gargoyle

gargoyle Member

Bugle Contest

Yeah might go myself yet! See you all in the bar if im there!

7. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

Bugle is unique!!

8. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

No bar I'm afraid - just a field!

There is a pub up the road though.

Igg

9. Naomi McFadyen

^there's a beer tent though... in the said field :p

10. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Bugle is a really good day!! :)

Definately got to go-im going no matter how ill i am, tho weather i a can play remains to be seen!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bugle Contest
    results
    good camp sites
  12. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Is that new for this year then!!? There is a tent which sells tea and coffee (but no beer) and very reasonably priced pasties as the day goes on!

I think you are wrong but I will gladly stand corrected.

The only new thing that stood out for me this year is that (appparently) the adjudicator's tent has new 'flaps' which means he will hear every single note (or so I have been told). Wonder if Mr Relton will notice this difference?

Igg

13. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

For once I believe the Iggmeister may be correct as I cannot recall any beer being available in said tent at any point in recent history. In fairness, though, they do a mean Battenburg Cake. Chamone ****!

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Proper Cornish Pasties!!?

Can't wait!!

I'll be playing with Egham Band and Diana will be along supporting us.

15. Naomi McFadyen

i havent been in that tent recently due to driving so not wanting to find any beer.... but I'm sure they have had a beer tent before!

Anyhoo... pub it is if thats the case, so not the end of the world :p

:lol: Pat: you get around everywhere! :lol: Look forward to seeing you and Diana again!!
    And yes.. PROPER cornish pasties... not the rubbish they sell in the shops ;)

16. sugarandspice

i dont remember a bar either, but they do have an ice cream van,- whcih you will find me near, seeing asd ice cream is the only thing i can eat at the mo!!!

Would highly reccomend a trip to bugle fish and chip shop tho- the bloke in there is a bit of a character to say the least! eat lots of chips for me! :)

17. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

You cheeky scamp!

I too rate the battenburg but not quite as good as the cream teas.

I'm planning to go up to have a listen. Should be an interesting day although it is a shame that the bands have been directed what not to do on the march down.

As for the Fish and Chips, that'll be Rex's Fish & Chips. Does he still cook his chips in dripping? Anyway, if you go for tea there you wont want anything for supper!

Any predictions from anybody?

Igg

18. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I predict that even though it's meant to be sunny, it'll rain anyway :rolleyes:!

I'll be supporting Bugle yet again! I was told by my conductor last night that I have no life...:)

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be driving to the first ever contest I'm legally allowed to drink at though :(:rolleyes:!! There's something not quite right about that!

19. Aidan Geary

Aidan Geary Member

Why not pitch up in the contest field?!!!!

Have a good 'One and All' - I remember my days there as a lad with St. Pinnock!

20. sugarandspice

Prediction- kelly wont be marching cos not only has she done her throat in, shes now done her back in failing down the stairs!! (stupid c*w!!)

Anyone coming to watch in the morning, please come and say hi! I'll be with liz, in my pendennis fleece watching my band march by without me :(

News said there is going to be a heat wave tomorrow? i hope so!! xXx

21. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Yay!! Now I won't be watching on my own, and you can be in charge of your own camera! Pressure's off, woohoo! :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your fall by the way :p:(:rolleyes:!!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bugle Contest
    results
    good camp sites