Budget Cornet Cases

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lucky Beaver, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Hi all

Any recommendations for budget cornet cases? I have 4 Besson International cornets in urgent need of new cases. They are for a youth band so there is no need for them to be big enough to fit mutes in.

First Brass had the ideal case (it looked like badgeless student model Virtuosi case) for £15 but are out of stock and I could do with sorting something ASAP.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.

2. monody

monody Member

Did you try:
  3. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Thanks for your response. I did come across them but didn't try them as their stock and address looked the same as that of First Brass so I assumed it was all connected. I'll take another look.
  4. GordonH

GordonH Member

I had to replace my sovereign case a few years ago and got a Virtuosi one for £35. Its quite big and heavy though and has room for mutes. You may be looking for something smaller.
  5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Virtuosi are produced by the same people too - sounds like you should simply ring up Shawn Pagington and ask him what he's got in his warehouse!
  6. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Hi Gordon. Where did you get your case from please? It sounds like the sort of thing I am looking for but a higher spec.
  7. GordonH

GordonH Member

Sean at First Brass.
  8. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

I spoke to Shawn last month and they have none in stock and not sure when they will come in. Hence my OP and the need to try to find an alternative ASAP. Thanks.
  9. DRW

DRW New Member

Similarly, I've been trying now and then for the last 2 years, but there has been no stock in that time. I'm watching this thread anxiously in the hope that there is a similar item available. :)
  10. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Have you tried www.brassaccessories.co.uk, they have some cornet gigbags listed on their site. I have used them before for stuff and found their service second to none.
  11. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Thanks. I'll have a look.