Bucking the trend at this years areas........

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by fabled inferno, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ..........who wants to be the first to write a long whinging post about how annoyed they are at having won, that the whole thing was fixed, the adjudicators were corrupt and incompetant,and that a stiff letter is on its way to the big wigs of NBBA.

Any takers?

2. animal.22

animal.22 Member

Obviously nobody feels suficiantly hard done by just yet. :biggrin:

3. james72

james72 New Member

I would just like to say how well I thought the ajudicator
    s over all sections did this year. Only one section I thought may have been done by is the 3rd section where I thought some results where maybe the ajudicator of this section maybe got wrong. Listening to some Bands that were placed higher than some that play considerably better than ones placed lower. But overall the results were fair across the competition. I would like to say well done to pemberton, Roberts bakery, longridge, rainford, morcombe, tyldsley, Hoover (Bolton) and besses boys , who played really well and for some bands I feel that were hard done by, wingates, mossley, eccles, nelson and most of all dobcross youth who I feel played very well, and I am now looking foward to Cheltenham :)

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Does it have to be an Areas?

1st place, Malton Contest, 2008. We absolutely did not deserve that, and were under no illusions!

Sorry, I haven't got the time to add a long-winded rant. Please feel free to copy and paste in the usual complaints, protests etc etc....

;)

5. Spaniels Ears

Spaniels Ears Member

Completely agree here about the 3rd at the north west. The amount of people from the public and other bands who spoke to members of my band Hawk Green (drawn 1) and told what a great performance we did compared to others........ So we were thinking positive and maybe top half..... Er no..... last and to rub salt in to the wounds relegated to the even worse minefield of fourth section!

Pritchard-jones would like to have a little word my friend!!!

6. Acky1962

Acky1962 New Member

2nd section result? Hmmmm now thats a strange one to even try and get your head round!

7. james72

james72 New Member

I did listen to a few bands in the second section, but I thought morcombe played well and played much better than any of the 6bands I heard. Also I thought tyldsley played well and they got the result what was fair for them which was a respectable 4th.

8. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

I heard only 10 Champ and all 3rd sections bands on Sunday and wass lightly bemused with the 3rd section result but when looking at the Champ section that was very tight to call. IMO the only results I had different were 3,4,5 being Wingates Leyland Pemberton.

9. andybass

andybass Member

Please explain?

10. Acky1962

Acky1962 New Member

Lightly bemused with the 3rd section??? You'd have p1ssed yersel at the 2nd!!!
    This comment, taken from 4barsrest, sums it up, MANY opinions differing from ONE mans judgement...... "although it didn't take long for the opinions and debates to start in the bars of the Winter Gardens and beyond, with many feeling that Mossley and Delph were more than a little unlucky to miss out on a trip to Cheltenham".

Work that one out!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    NBBA
    way
    incompetant
    adjudicators
    long whinging post
  12. andybass

andybass Member

Nice one.how did you think morecambe played ?

13. Acky1962

Acky1962 New Member

Morecambe must have, in the eyes (ears) of the adjudicator, played the piece far better than the rest in order to win!

14. andybass

andybass Member

Well said!

15. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze Member

Maybe if you're deaf.