BTM play for Wales

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Suz, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Suz

Suz Member

The BTM Band's 10 piece outfit "That's Brass" has been asked to play at all the home games for Wales for the coming Six Nations Rugby tournament.

The band have been selected to play in the stands of every Welsh home game (against Scotland, Italy and France). The band will be there for the sole purpose of getting the crowd right behind the Welsh team. Each member will be 'kitted out' by the bands sponsors for the tournament Reebok, and the members will also be introduced to Steve Hansen!.
  2. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Suzanne, that's great!!! You'd better be getting behind the Scotland team as well........... :wink:
  3. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Fantastic news :D :D . Hopefully Wales will win the tournament this year!!!
    Has Dave Stowell done his flash (and brilliant!) arrangement of the National Anthem (English that is!) with you? Did that when he was conducting my local orchestra.
  4. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Good luck us proud gal!! It's going to sound might have some competition from the French though!! :lol: :lol:
  5. Suz

Suz Member

National anthem

Yes, we played David's flash arrangement of the National Anthem that finished with a hint of the Welsh anthem at Pontins a few years ago, the audience did not know where to stand up, it was really funny. Unfortunately we played quite well on Ballet for Band but got a bad result and don't think the adjudicators were amused by our version of the National Anthem!!

As for cheering for Scotland, well, I have been told for the sake of the band to control myself if Scotland score a try!!!!!!! This is a big scoop for the band and I wouldn't want to jeopodise it. I suppose I have been down here 10 years now so it's not too bad, may the best team win!!!
  6. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Re: National anthem

i.e. Ireland ;)

is great to see "high exposure" gigs like this. Play Loud and wear a tMP Hat so we can see you on telly..
  7. Suz

Suz Member

It would have to be a RED tmp hat!!!!
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Saw you guys on the Welsh regional news last night. Particularly liked the caption: 'Mark Hutcherson - Euphonia player' :)

All the best on Saturday - c'mon Cymru!
  9. Suz

Suz Member

Ha ha, I didn't notice that!! The filming didn't go too bad for that considering we were all hungover from Yeovil!!!!

I did hear a question on weakest link last week though

Ann Robinson: "what letter of the alphabet does the instrument euphonium begin with

Contestant: "ummmmm, X"

:?: :?: :?:
  10. twm_trombone

twm_trombone Member

The best i've ever heard it being called is a "phonium"....this was in a south wales pub, on rememberance sunday when wales was playing england in the rugby world cup!

I'm sure you'll get the crowd singing!!!!! - Cymru am Byth
  11. mcboyd

mcboyd New Member

I sincerely hope you'll be supporting the Scots Ms. Cherrington!

How will I spot you in the massive crowd??...oh, you'll be the one one with the fireworks!! (Never gonna let you forget it....)

Send me you address via my work email and I'll send you a postcard from New York next week!!!

12. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Re: National anthem

is dat so???

*begs to differ*

13. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Re: !!!

Lol! Nice one Mark!!!! Mind you, she'll only do it if the roof's co=losed over (indoor!!!) and it's 3am so perhaps we won't see our Scottish Siz at all!!!!!
  14. mcboyd

mcboyd New Member

Laura, you do realise that she only did it that late so as to see tricky dickie and John (hud the ###) Hudson in their PJs!! :lol: :evil:
  15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

:D :D :D :D
    Such a pleasant thought. Especially "Jesus Sandal Man" :lol:
  16. Tuba Girl

Tuba Girl Member

Bring on Saturday!!!!!!! :guiness :guiness :guiness
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I do believe I just saw the band on the news....hurray!
    Good Luck and I look forward to hearing you when I go watch in a few weeks :lol: !
  18. Suz

Suz Member

Yippeeee, we made the National News!!!!!!!

Can't wait until tomorrow, watch out for us, I will be the one with the trombone in a red wig with pigtails!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :guiness :lol: :lol:
  19. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Re: TV

and a set of sparklers!!!

You better not be a traitor now Miss Cherrington. I want to hear you singing floor o jockland loud and proud!!!! With a see you jimmy hat!
  20. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

good luck for tomorrow suz. I'm sure thats brass will play well.