BT BAND Sun 20TH JUNE

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Lauradoll, May 24, 2004.

1. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

MELLOR TENNIS CLUB
    PRESENTS
    BRASS ON THE GRASS

THE BT BAND conducted by Michael Fowles

BRASSAMATAZZ

Featuring Music from the screen and stage.

Sunday 20th June, tickets £8

Doors Open 6pm for a 7.15 start

Seated Marquee with fully licensed bar

At Mellor Sports Ground, Mellor, Cheshire

Tickets Available from- Margaret Simpson- 0161 427 6907 or Aileen Pike 0161 449 8015

Come on all you Sunday night band club regulars...have a night in a marquee instead!

2. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Programme to include: (not in this order!!)

Hedwig's Theme
    Olklahoma
    The Children of Sanchez
    Somewhere out there

as well as many other classics from stage and screen!

3. rickc's

rickc's New Member

Who is Children of Sanchez arranged by? I played it in a big band but didn't know there is a brass band arrangement. Is it any good?

4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Children of Sanchez arranged as a flugel solo by Reid Gilje , classy arrangement....nodic sounds

would recomend you go to the BT concert...BT Band and Mike Fowles cant go wrong...should be a good show..

5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Well thanks Nick!
    Such a fact file of info as well, don't even have to get my music out to see who did Sanchez. It is class though!! :D

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Cheers Laura...not just a pretty face , but I am quite useful too...the only reason I know , is am sending off some music to my brother who is playing with Beaumaris this weekend..

7. asteria

asteria Member

The concert is this Sunday and tickets are going fast but I believe there are still some left if you're quick!

The first half of the concert is a stage & screen theme and it promises to be a good night, fingers crossed for some more good weather! :D

8. Bones

Bones Member

Hope the concert goes well.

See you all soon I hope.

Cheers

Rich