Broughtons Brass ~ Player Vacancies for forthcoming Contests

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by daveypat, Jan 9, 2004.

1. daveypat

daveypat New Member

:) Broughtons Brass Band (South Hetton), North of England Championship Section

Immediate Vacancies for forthcoming contests :

Soprano Cornet, B Flat Bass and E Flat Bass.

All other players welcome to join in ambitious but friendly atmosphere.

Enquire in confidence to: Dick Quin (Secretary) 0191 526 9477.
  2. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Joined Broughtons just before Christmas. Did two concerts and I thought what a great band and it was the best bass end i had ever played with. Two weeks later the band are still great but i am now the sole survivor of the bass end. Please someone must be able to help me out!! Its quite entertaining listening to me try to play Triumphant Rhapsody on my own. Never mind three weeks to the contest yet!!! :roll:
  3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Awwww, poor Alan!!
  4. Hi Alan,
    Are you sure they aren't trying to tell you something :D

Hope you get some mates soon.

5. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

It was before I had the christamas sprouts so i cant see what the problem was. Heard there was a couple of irons in the fire but who knows -- tomorrow is another day!!

Graham I still need info to start the PVB website and your picture if the camera is insured!! Might just use that rabbit instead. :)
  6. I don't mind if you use the rabbit. However, if you look at the current site you will see that you have already got a picture of me (when I had hair) and holding a trophy so just substitute that for Bob's pic.

CU at the league.