Broken trigger - Prestige euphonium

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by carlwoodman, May 23, 2007.

1. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I will be making some phone calls to dealers and repairers later but thought I would post this anyway as it may serve as a warning to those with Prestige euphoniums.

Our principal euphonium player was late to rehearsal last night as the tuning slide trigger on his Prestige euphonium had collapsed. This is certainly not down to neglet as he looks after his instrument like no one else I know!

The bit that has broken is the rod connection that is (or was!) attached to the tuning slide itself. He made a call or two yesterday and was quoted 2 months for the spare part.

This post is to warn others of the potential for failure of this connection (the new Bessons have a 'push on, pull off' ball and socket type of arrangement) but also to ask if anyone knows of a source for the replacement part that could deliver in 2 days rather than 2 months!

Any suggestions gratefully received.
  2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Hmmm he could always do a Derick and tie it up using a bit of elastic band and whatever else!
  3. i remember in rehearsal with nybbgb dave child's prestige trigger snapped off , but luckily his dad had a spare with him.
  4. ian_b

ian_b Member

I have a prestige cornet, on the 3rd valve trigger I have lost one of the screws, I have been everywhere trying to find a replacement screw, but have had no luck???
  5. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Try Fred Rhodes in Delph Oldham. They are very helpful chaps who have fixed my prestige trigger for me on 2 seperate occasions.
  6. How old is the prestige euphonium which the trigger broke on??
  7. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

5 or 6 years old.
  8. Oh dear. Not a NEW instrument then, but still, the amount it must have cost, shouldn't expect it to break! I've spoken to Steve Mead about triggers on the prestige's and he says they should be cleaned monthly or whatever, but practically, it appears which difficult to do without taking the whole thing apart!
    For repairs, I can recommend Frank Fiddler who is located in the New Forrest. I expect you can find a contact number someone on the web, he's been very good with repairs in the past. If you're desperate, I could find his number somehow. Drop me a post here if you want me to find out.
  9. recently bought a prestige! Since the word go ive had nothng with problems! The ****** trigger doesnt work properly! Ther is a very thin screw in place, it keps coming un done basically ive screwed it back in and damaged the head on the screw! What do i do?
  10. Which Prestige do you have Jamie? The very new Buffet Crampon Besson or the old Besson? ie When did you buy it exactly?