Broken any Resolutions yet?

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by The Wherryman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Years ago, I only made one New Year's Resolution, which I managed to keep until now - that was not to make any New Year's Resolutions.

Just before last Christmas, my wife gave me a bookmark, on which was written a prayer that was attributed to a 17th century nun. By the time I had read halfway through it, I got the message and have tried to put it into action (or inaction). I still write out many posts on tMP, I just don't press the "send" button quite so often.

If anyone wants to read the whole prayer, it can be found here, but the part that had its effect on me is:

"Lord, Thou knowest better than I know myself, that I am growing older and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion. Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. Make me thoughtful but not moody; helpful but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest Lord that I want a few friends at the end..."

I hope I can keep this resolution for as long as I kept. the other one

;)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    New Year's Resolution
    htthttp://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/11340.htmp://"]here[/URL
    Resolutions.Just
    Lord
    New Year
  3. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

would that not have been more appropriate on the Grimey thread? ;)

and I don't make New Year's resolutions.

4. The Wherryman

Why? I have simply shared a random thought that is moderating my actions - if others wish to take it on board as well, that's up to them. Heaven forbid that anyone should think I'm giving them advice :eek:

5. themusicalrentboy

sense of humour bypass.

lighten up.

6. The Wherryman

You don't do subtlety, do you ;)

7. themusicalrentboy

er........ whatever gave you that idea? :cool:

8. S Carey

S Carey New Member

Girls, girls......Handbags away. Please!!!

9. themusicalrentboy